What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 755K views
nuuskur said:
Ja bol'she ne boyus' klounov for the first thing in Russian.
я больше не боюсь клоунов
Spasiba , Tovarich.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Will say it at random, ptetendingtobealking on the phone when I see Russians around.
 
WWGD said:
Will say it at random, ptetendingtobealking on the phone when I see Russians around.
Just through in a few дура(к)'s from time to time! :biggrin:
 
fresh_42 said:
Just through in a few дура(к)'s from time to time! :biggrin:
Klown on, Klownov, Herr Miyagi.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur and Klystron
I listened to music by this new group ( maybe a groupoid?) and felt the need to listen to it every time there after.But then after the third or so song, each time, the music felt unbeaable and ii turned it off. At least I am making Google/YouTube nearest neighbor work .
 
Nerd in paradise: World Almanac 2019 ( confusingly covering 2018) finally came out*. Still , a bit absurd to provide population figures with such precision, e.g population of China as 1,379,654,238 as if this level of accuracy is likely. Reminds me of other story: "How old is the earth? 4.5 billion and 3 years old. How do you know? Three years ago someone told me it was 4.5 billion years old.

* People could not absorb the fa t that I was actually excited about this and kept asking : no , really, why are you excited?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron and gmax137
WWGD said:
Three years ago someone told me it was 4.5 billion years old.

Thanks, that made my day. I'm still laughing.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
Another day that I just completely forgot to eat after 11am. Woke up desperately hungry today.
 
WWGD said:
Another day that I just completely forgot to eat after 11am. Woke up desperately hungry today.
You know you're Aretha when you're hungry :biggrin:
 
fresh_42 said:
You know you're Aretha when you're hungry :biggrin:
? I thought _my_ posts were obscure.
 
Still, when life throws you cracked eggs and old bread, make French toast.
 
fresh_42 said:
Yep, but you struggle with your monopol!

Seems this will take a while. Monopol?
 
And instead of Snickers I had French toast -- and then I was myself again. I guess.
 
WWGD said:
I thought _my_ posts were obscure.
fresh_42 said:
Yep, but you struggle with your monopol!
Mine as well! :cool:
 
WWGD said:
- - and then I was myself again.

And then I thought I was somebody else... again. . :DD

upload_2019-1-2_1-48-58.png


.
 
Attachments
  • upload_2019-1-2_1-48-58.png
    upload_2019-1-2_1-48-58.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 587
I don't know you, Weeknd, Belly, but I will make it.
 
WWGD said:
...but I wlil make it.

Feeling dizzy, might not... .:rolleyes:

.
 
s
[Quote"fresh_42, post: 6112329, member: 572553"]Yep, but you struggle with your monopol!
[/QUOTE]

fresh_42 said:
Yep, but you struggle with your monopol!

I still have no idea what a monopol is .
 
My stuggle, confusion between algoritms and logarithms stopped after I took my dyslexia medicatioan. Algorithms are the ones with the exponents, right?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron
fresh_42 said:
Yeah, lacks a y.
Yes, that is the obvious one but I don't see how it fits the remainder of your post.
 
WWGD said:
Yes, that is the obvious one but I don't see how it fits the remainder of your post.
You're not the only one with obscure posts, obviously mine are obscure, too.
 
fresh_42 said:
You're not the only one with obscure posts, obviously mine are obscure, too.
Obviously, you have no monopol-y on obscurity (obfuscation ?).
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42
Klystron said:
Obviously, you have no monopol-y on obscurity (obfuscation ?).
Maybe make it sound like a line from a musical (which I never understood nor saw any point in) : Obviousl-y you have no monopol-y on obscurit-y. Nonsense, the musical.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42 and Klystron
WWGD said:
Maybe make it sound like a line from a musical (which I never understood nor saw any point in) : Obviousl-y you have no monopol-y on obscurit-y. Nonsense, the musical.
Nonsens-y, the musical.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD and Klystron
I'm watching a long debate between a Flat Earther and an astronaut on the tube. It's hilarious, but I don't think PF would appeciate me linking to it :biggrin:.
 
DennisN said:
I'm watching a long debate between a Flat Earther and an astronaut on the tube. It's hilarious, but I don't think PF would appeciate me linking to it :biggrin:.
Mental Diarrhea the musical?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron and DennisN

TOP 20 ROCK BASS SOUNDS OF ALL TIME. Do you agree?
I agree with the assessments of:
John Paul Jones, Led Zeppelin
John Entwistle, The Who
Tom Hamilton, Aerosmith
Getty Lee, Rush
and
James Jamerson, uncredited bassist (studio session player?)

I reserve judgment on Tom Peterson (12 string bass) on "The Dream Police" and Jeff Ament on "Jeremy".
Interesting sound.

I would have included:
Matt Bissonette, Joe Satriani on "Searching"
Jon Camp, Renaissance on "Ashes Are Burning", particularly the solo on the Live at Carnegie Hall album.
Chris Hillman, The Byrds on "Eight Miles High"
Paul Samwell-Smith, Yardbirds on "Smokestack Lightning"

I'm probably showing my age/generation.