RonL
Gold Member
- 1,108
- 219
So am IPepper Mint said:I am a gold digger.
So am IPepper Mint said:I am a gold digger.
Pepper Mint said:Usually I personally throw an exception to return everything to them then pick another seller.
$ ping -O peppermint
no answer yet for icmp_seq=54
no answer yet for icmp_seq=55
no answer yet for icmp_seq=56
collinsmark said:A package (parcel) arrived yesterday, but one of the items that I ordered was missing. So I called up Amazon's customer support. The conversation started off with Amazon saying that they will mail me a sticker that I can use to return the missing item for a refund.
I live almost across the street from a UPS store, so it would not be inconvenient for me to head over there.
But if the absurdity of returning a missing item doesn't strike you, think about it for a second.
I actually asked for clarification, "So, you want me to mail you an empty box? In what size of box should I put the nothing?"Sophia said:hahaha :)
Did you try to explain the problem with this or did your jaw drop in silence?
OMG that conversation must have been hilarious :) How did it continue?collinsmark said:I actually asked for clarification, "So, you want me to mail you an empty box? In what size of box should I put the nothing?"
Eventually, things were worked out. I was refunded for the missing item, which I then had to re-order.Sophia said:OMG that conversation must have been hilarious :) How did it continue?
I have a mental image of warehouse and postal staff miming taking an item off the shelf, packing it, posting it... You should mime entering your card number.collinsmark said:[Edit: although the shipping & handling on the nothing was not refunded, so I lost out on that.]
Definitely there will be no answer unless you ping me with -l option.Ibix said:Code:$ ping -O peppermint no answer yet for icmp_seq=54 no answer yet for icmp_seq=55 no answer yet for icmp_seq=56
Shouldn't matter, as long as it won't get broken in the shipping process. And of course in its original wrapping!collinsmark said:"So, you want me to mail you an empty box? In what size of box should I put the nothing?"
Which ping are you using? -l seems to do different things:Pepper Mint said:Definitely there will be no answer unless you ping me with -l option.
ping http://www.peppermint.x with ##x\in\{\text{ com },\text{ uk.co },\text{ de },\text{ sk }\}## all worked fine.Ibix said:Which ping are you using? -l seems to do different things:
http://www.manpages.info/sunos/ping.1.html
http://linux.die.net/man/8/ping
RonL said:

Yes and where is the -O option on me ?Ibix said:Which ping are you using? -l seems to do different things:
http://www.manpages.info/sunos/ping.1.html
http://linux.die.net/man/8/ping
They push the dough through pastry bag. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Mini-French-Crullers/?ALLSTEPSzoobyshoe said:Sometimes when I go into a donut shop I wonder how they crull the crullers.
Thanks for ruining the awesome mystery!Sophia said:They push the dough through pastry bag. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Mini-French-Crullers/?ALLSTEPS
awww my poor Zooby! I'm so sorry! Don't worry, Santa Claus, easter bunny, tooth fairy and Chuck Norris really do exist!zoobyshoe said:Thanks for ruining the awesome mystery!
I've once seen live how professional bakers formed pretzels. Unbelievable.zoobyshoe said:Sometimes when I go into a donut shop I wonder how they crull the crullers.
Scratch no more.WWGD said:For some reason the batteries in my TV remote ended up being extremely hot. I checked and I had not left the
remote anywhere near any main source of heat like a lamp, kitchen. And it is not likely I had done so because the
remote is made of plastic and pretty likely would have melted. Still scratching my head.
The Nothingness is actually a character from a fiction story. "The Nothingness" corrupts and destroys. Everyone is scared of "The Nothingness". Except for a few warriors of course.collinsmark said:I actually asked for clarification, "So, you want me to mail you an empty box? In what size of box should I put the nothing?"
Not me. I have an infinite improbability drive.Psinter said:Everyone is scared of "The Nothingness".
Someone looks hairless and is in latex protection. Yes, never touch the strange slimy fish without it.fresh_42 said:Who was it with the fish?
http://www.sciencealert.com/pet-goldfish-dumped-into-lakes-are-growing-into-monsters
It's sad how people don't know anything about this species of fish, but most people have had it some time in their life. Goldfish and bettas are the most neglected and misunderstood fish in the aquarist hobby. But no one cares because "they're just fish". We can flush them down the toilet.fresh_42 said:Who was it with the fish?
http://www.sciencealert.com/pet-goldfish-dumped-into-lakes-are-growing-into-monsters
Oh No, I don't want to be a fish!Sophia said:... But no one cares because "they're just fish". We can flush them down the toilet...
Sometimes after leaving my own bathroom, I still feel very bad.Yes, some people are rude, and Really they transmit their sounds to others in water ? I just can't talk under the water.It's just because they don't have facial expressions and we can't hear their sounds (yes, fish do communicate by sound) many almost don't consider them living creatures like other pets.
Then problems like this emerge.
Yes, they do. They even have organs comparable to ears. We just can't hear them because they evolved for transmission of sound in water. But it can be recorded on special microphones. There's a very interesting book about fish senses, social structure and mental capacities.Pepper Mint said:Oh No, I don't want to be a fish!Sometimes after leaving my own bathroom, I still feel very bad.
Yes, some people are rude, and Really they transmit their sounds to others in water ? I just can't talk under the water.
"Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake coming down from the trees in the first place, and some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no-one should ever have left the oceans." (D. Adams; Hitchhiker)Sophia said:It's called What a fish knows by Jonathan Balcombe. He's a biologist and quotes real research, so it's not some kind of new age "there's soul in everything" philosophy.
Well, I mostly enjoy (and perform) music from the 1680s (e.g. Purcell) to the 1950s (e.g. Shostakovich Festive Overture), although there is some recent stuff I really like, such as the Star Wars music by John Williams (which is admittedly quite reminiscent of several early 20th century composers). Recent "music" is mostly too noisy, intrusive and monotonous for my taste, although some of it is fine.WWGD said:too many places I go to play only music from the 50s through the 80s,
sometimes 90s, but nothing from 2000 - on.