What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 758K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Too bad, I just drank a Gallon-lightyear- bushel-millisecond of orange juice/distance/time, and it was great, but you will miss it because of your policy.Pepper Mint said:I promise myself from now on that I will ignore all posts that contain specific regional units in physics e.g mile, feet, foot, yard, gallon, etc.I have a headache to imagine how long or large something is.
- 20,819
- 28,467
You all are so lucky. My Mayan calendar doesn't work anymoreWWGD said:Too bad, I just drank a Gallon-lightyear- bushel-millisecond of orange juice/distance/time, and it was great, but you will miss it because of your policy.

zoobyshoe
- 6,514
- 1,255
Yes, you are. If I could, I'd set you up by giving a large, bad tempered guy who just got out of prison a t-shirt that said "misanthrope," and arranging for him to walk by you. Hopefully, you wouldn't be able to resist saying, "Misanthrope, or Miss Ann Thrope?"WWGD said:I am a sucker for a bad pun.
- 20,819
- 28,467
I've once been told I'd rather lose a good friend than a bad punchline. I do understand you.WWGD said:. That obvious, huh :)?
- 20,819
- 28,467
WWGD said:Hey, bro!
- 20,819
- 28,467
(Currently on TV, concert from 2015 in France!) Iggy is still good! At 68! On stage! And he isn't cheating. Instead of extending the wild one to at least 10 minutes he performed it pretty much in the original length. Respect! If I think of nowadays musicians though ...
Last edited:
zoobyshoe
- 6,514
- 1,255
This true tale falls under the heading of eerie coincidences. Do not click on the spoiler if large insects bother you.
So, the other day I was sitting beneath a shade tree outside a cafe´ reading a science fiction book. In the book a group of people confined to isolated quarters was being attacked by these worm-like parasites that hailed from an extra-terrestrial source. Right as I was reading this, I looked up and saw this guy:
He was huge, about 4 inches long.
I think he will turn into one of those really large moths.
So, the other day I was sitting beneath a shade tree outside a cafe´ reading a science fiction book. In the book a group of people confined to isolated quarters was being attacked by these worm-like parasites that hailed from an extra-terrestrial source. Right as I was reading this, I looked up and saw this guy:
He was huge, about 4 inches long.
I think he will turn into one of those really large moths.
Sophia
- 112
- 554
zoobyshoe said:This true tale falls under the heading of eerie coincidences. Do not click on the spoiler if large insects bother you.
So, the other day I was sitting beneath a shade tree outside a cafe´ reading a science fiction book. In the book a group of people confined to isolated quarters was being attacked by these worm-like parasites that hailed from an extra-terrestrial source. Right as I was reading this, I looked up and saw this guy:
![]()
He was huge, about 4 inches long.
I think he will turn into one of those really large moths.
he's cute :) You see, you don't need VR glasses (I don't know what they are really called but I'm sure you get me) in order to see what's in a book!
- 20,819
- 28,467
... or make the day for a birdzoobyshoe said:I think he will turn into one of those really large moths.
fluidistic
Gold Member
- 3,934
- 286
I don't remember my year of birth, hence I don't really know my age. I was too young to remember it if they ever told it to me. However I have some hopes : I got a wisdom tooth extraction a few days ago and I may use radiocarbon dating on that tooth to retrieve an approximate date.
Pepper Mint
- 91
- 139
What a poor library! Average people are becoming racist against it. 
Do you always sell people out after you think you already get enough from them ?
Do you always sell people out after you think you already get enough from them ?
Last edited:
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
zoobyshoe said:He was huge, about 4 inches long.
Hey, if it works for you who am I to say?
Pepper Mint
- 91
- 139
Currently I am in a bad mood when my question above is so touching.
There are a great deal of reasons to explain why I am in a bad mood and / or messing things up, don't know if people care to hear.
There are a great deal of reasons to explain why I am in a bad mood and / or messing things up, don't know if people care to hear.

DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
Pepper Mint said:There are a great deal of reasons to explain why I am in a bad mood and / or messing things up, don't know if people care to hear.
Sure, go ahead and tell us..
Pepper Mint
- 91
- 139
I am a gold digger.
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
Pepper Mint said:I am a gold digger
Well, that sums it up pretty succinctly. But happiness is found along the way, not at the end of the road where the proverbial pot of gold is rumored to be found:
All you are likely to find there is a fool.
Pepper Mint
- 91
- 139
I know it's the fool but thinking deeper about his foolishness, I feel sorry for him. The worst thing then is no one feels sorry for me.DiracPool said:Well, that sums it up pretty succinctly. But happiness is found along the way, not at the end of the road where the proverbial pot of gold is rumored to be found:
![]()
All you are likely to find there is a fool.
BTW, I really like your attached image! Very cute!
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
Pepper Mint said:The worst thing then is no one feels sorry for me.
There's where you're wrong, I'd gladly take a break from feeling sorry for myself for a while to feel sorry for you. So, let it all out.

Pepper Mint
- 91
- 139
No, no need. Even if lost, one has to be in a beautiful fallen figure. That is part of what I define as professional behaviors. People won't have a reason to tenderize the dead meat then.DiracPool said:... So, let it all out.![]()

Pepper Mint
- 91
- 139
Background music: excellent. It really gets me every time I listen to it.
Team Performance: best of the best
Team Performance: best of the best
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 3,447
- 3,741
A package (parcel) arrived yesterday, but one of the items that I ordered was missing. So I called up Amazon's customer support. The conversation started off with Amazon saying that they will mail me a sticker that I can use to return the missing item for a refund.
I live almost across the street from a UPS store, so it would not be inconvenient for me to head over there.
But if the absurdity of returning a missing item doesn't strike you, think about it for a second.
I live almost across the street from a UPS store, so it would not be inconvenient for me to head over there.
But if the absurdity of returning a missing item doesn't strike you, think about it for a second.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Must have been a mathematician on the line.collinsmark said:The conversation started off with Amazon saying that they will mail me a sticker that I can use to return the missing item for a refund.
Pepper Mint
- 91
- 139
In my case either I return everything to the seller or they have to deliver me the missing item or a totally new package if things inside are parts of a whole system.collinsmark said:...But if the absurdity of returning a missing item doesn't strike you, think about it for a second.
Usually I personally throw an exception to return everything to them then pick another seller.
Similar threads
- DJeffs
- · Replies 15 ·
- STEM Career Guidance
- Replies
- 15
- Cait
- · Replies 1 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 1
- Replies
- 2