What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 761K views
fresh_42 said:
I hate it, when I am only interested in the second game. Twice. Don't they know how late this will be over here?
If you are talking American football, have you seen the weather forecast?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
caz said:
If you are talking American football, have you seen the weather forecast?
Nope. Will there be snow at Lambeau?
 
caz said:
If you are talking American football, have you seen the weather forecast?
How about recording it and making sure not to contact those in your circle that may provide spoilers?
 
fresh_42 said:
I hate it, when I am only interested in the second game. Twice. Don't they know how late this will be over here?
If you are talking American football, have you seen the weather forecast?
fresh_42 said:
Nope. Will there be snow at Lambeau?
45% chance at 10pm. 14° at the start of the game.
 
WWGD said:
How about recording it and making sure not to contact those in your circle that may provide spoilers?
Makes no sense. I would spoiler myself. The tension is the point, not the football. I do not expect an extraordinarily good game. Maybe tomorrow.
 
fresh_42 said:
Makes no sense. I would spoiler myself. The tension is the point, not the football. I do not expect an extraordinarily good game. Maybe tomorrow.
Not sure what you mean. I revered to the game itself, not the outcome.
 
WWGD said:
Not sure what you mean. I revered to the game itself, not the outcome.
Yes, and I said, I wouldn't watch a canned game.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Bystander
fresh_42 said:
Yes, and I said, I wouldn't watch a canned game.
Maybe other sports; NBA or MLB have better latency to German time? Maybe the coasts or center?
 
@Hamiltonian299792458 I noticed that friendship dynamics changed a ton after school. Nowadays I tend to float between groups based on convenience (lectures, labs, sports, etc.) more than anything else, and move on fairly quickly once our paths diverge. And three of the four people I'd say I know best at the present are international students who aren't even in the country for half the year. I'd say that I haven't had a best friend for about five or more years, but certainly wouldn't view it as a bad thing!

(Might also add that I found it insanely hard to make friends during the first term of university, but it got easier once I started taking myself less seriously and shook off some of the "new environment"-nerves. Perks of being an awkward physics student, right? :oldeyes:)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hamiltonian
fresh_42 said:
Yes, and I said, I wouldn't watch a canned game.
Not even the Fifa cup? I make exceptions there. I just make sure to avoid spoilers.
 
ergospherical said:
@Hamiltonian299792458 I noticed that friendship dynamics changed a ton after school. Nowadays I tend to float between groups based on convenience (lectures, labs, sports, etc.) more than anything else, and move on fairly quickly once our paths diverge. And three of the four people I'd say I know best at the present are international students who aren't even in the country for half the year. I'd say that I haven't had a best friend for about five or more years, but certainly wouldn't view it as a bad thing!

(Might also add that I found it insanely hard to make friends during the first term of university, but it got easier once I started taking myself less seriously and shook off some of the "new environment"-nerves. Perks of being an awkward physics student, right? :oldeyes:)
Do you, @Hamiltonian299792458 live on campus?

It's helpful towards making friends. And technically, every exam is a take home exam ;).
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hamiltonian
WWGD said:
Not even the Fifa cup? I make exceptions there. I just make sure to avoid spoilers.
I guess you haven't watched last night. That was nothing you want to waste the effort of recording on!
 
fresh_42 said:
I guess you haven't watched last night. That was nothing you want to waste the effort of recording on!
No, I'm only into Baseball. I hear Pizza Hut and Domino's make around 1/3 of their yearly sales during the Super Bowl.
 
WWGD said:
Do you, @Hamiltonian299792458 live on campus?
I am still in high school, I will go to uni in a couple of months.
WWGD said:
It's helpful towards making friends. And technically, every exam is a take home exam ;).
I'll keep that in mind!

It took me a while to realize Covid and quarantine were affecting my social life and relationships. But I have hopes for college!

Thanks for the advice guys:)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
KC Chiefs 23 Buffalo Bills 21. Go Chiefs. :oldbiggrin:
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and fresh_42
dlgoff said:
KC Chiefs 23 Buffalo Bills 21. Go Chiefs. :oldbiggrin:
At least the best game so far among all 4. Guess it will be decided by a FG with 4 seconds to go ...
 
  • Love
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and dlgoff
dlgoff said:
KC Chiefs 23 Buffalo Bills 21. Go Chiefs. :oldbiggrin:
KC looking good now 26 to 21 6:20 to play. Go Chiefs!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre
dlgoff said:
KC Chiefs 23 Buffalo Bills 21. Go Chiefs. :oldbiggrin:
Please include spoiler alerts! I don't watch football but others may.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff
fresh_42 said:
Not easy without a passing defense.
You got that right. :oldcry:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre
I think I feel a heart attack coming on!

edit: yep. I had one. KC is out now.
 
fresh_42 said:
Ok, FG is off the table. At least.
Maybe not. Fingers crossed. 48 yard attempt. Can he do it?
 
dlgoff said:
48 yard attempt. Can he do it?
Yes he can. Overtime?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre
fresh_42 said:
Hopefully, they will not need their defense aka chicken pile again.
Now that was one heck of a game. KC 42 Bills 36. :bow:

People are shooting firework around here.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and fresh_42
dlgoff said:
I think I feel a heart attack coming on!

edit: yep. I had one. KC is out now.
My mistake. Yea Chiefs.