What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 759K views
I was just an adjunct for a while, but never fully mastered writing in the board while looking back at the class. I did have a professor who would arrive, write nonstop for the duration of the class and then leave . And all from memory; no notes.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ergospherical’s law: the number of chicken selects you order from maccies at midnight is proportional to the square of the number of pints of guinness you’ve had. It’s a dangerous combo. :oldruck:
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Hamiltonian
ergospherical said:
whoooooooooops, fixed a blunder in my last post
peace out my gs
Hops are the closest botanical relative of the cannabis plant. Questions?
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Klystron, ergospherical and BillTre
fresh_42 said:
Hops are the closest botanical relative of the cannabis plant. Questions?
Wow, i didn't know that.

Wikipedia agrees with you:
Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 4.35.04 PM.png
 
Actually eating or drinking while walking is extremely hard. Myself, people in general stop their walk, eat, then continue walking.

Though I've been surprised at seeing people reading actual books while walking, rather than looking at their phones
 
Damn it's cold here. . . not good for baby calves ! . 😞

1645602920415.png


.
 
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark
OCR said:
Damn it's cold here. . . not good for baby calves ! . 😞

View attachment 297481

.
And the " Real Feel" may be even lower than that. Guess that area gets , what. 6 months of Winter?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OCR
Kind of weird way of framing questions. " Why does dimensional analysis work?"
Not sure, maybe to pay for food and rent?
 
OCR said:
Damn it's cold here. . . not good for baby calves ! . 😞

View attachment 297481
I heard (at that temperature)you put food in the fridge to warm it up, right?
.
 
Lol. . .

Who said that. . . ?

I heard (at that temperature)you put food in the fridge to warm it up, right?

You or me. . . ? . 🤔

.
 
OCR said:
Lol. . .

Who said that. . . ?
You or me. . . ? . 🤔

.
Fortunately haven't been in that position yet. Hope I'll never be ;).
 
fresh_42 said:
Now here is a strange observation:

Ленин
Сталин
Ельцин
Путин
I don't get it! That's how Russian names work. By the way, Lenin's name is Uljanov (Ульянов).
 
martinbn said:
I don't get it! That's how Russian names work. By the way, Lenin's name is Uljanov (Ульянов).
I know. Similar is true for Stalin with the Georgian ending -vili. However, neither for Yelzin nor Putin. But that particular ending in contrast to -ev or -ov is telling if you look at the list.
 
fresh_42 said:
I know. Similar is true for Stalin with the Georgian ending -vili. However, neither for Yelzin nor Putin. But that particular ending in contrast to -ev or -ov is telling if you look at the list.
Yes, but it is quite common in Russia, it is not just these four.
 
martinbn said:
Yes, but it is quite common in Russia, it is not just these four.
But they weren't presidents or leaders.
 
I thought " Stalin ' meant ' Man of Steel". Which I guess makes him into Superman, according to the Western nickname.
 
My only observation, not knowing any Russian , was the similarity between Dombass and Dumbass.
 
Wow, email can be pretty revealing of some traits. Like those people who periodically reply to your emails within 30 minutes. Scary.
 
First time I am actually happy that my last relationship broke. The discussions these days would be devastating.
 
fresh_42 said:
First time I am actually happy that my last relationship broke. The discussions these days would be devastating.
and wait for the (underestimated) downfall of (not being ready for ) 5G. A "Potent Potable" cocktail mixing with Covid and Ukraine.
 
WWGD said:
A "Potent Potable" cocktail mixing with Covid and Ukraine.
Let me put it this way: my avatar is a picture taken in the Caucasus in southern Russia ...
 
fresh_42 said:
Let me put it this way: my avatar is a picture taken in the Caucasus in southern Russia ...
Ah. Good thing you did not have a reunion there in recent times.
 
WWGD said:
Wow, email can be pretty revealing of some traits. Like those people who periodically reply to your emails within 30 minutes. Scary.
Is this too slow or too fast?

I usually reply to emails within 5 minutes or less.
 
fresh_42 said:
Let me put it this way: my avatar is a picture taken in the Caucasus in southern Russia ...
I'm guessing it was you in the original pic on top of the bear, and Putin was air-brushed in? I understand the South Caucasus is popular for such shoots. ;).
 
Jarvis323 said:
Is this too slow or too fast?

I usually reply to emails within 5 minutes or less.
Wow, if you don't mind my asking, are you a CEO, or just hyper-connected? Is this all week long, or during work hours?
 
WWGD said:
I'm guessing it was you in the original pic on top of the bear, and Putin was air-brushed in? I understand the South Caucasus is popular for such shoots. ;).
For a moment I was tempted to use a picture where I could be seen in bed after a spontaneous party in a hotel cafeteria in Moscow. (It had been taken without my knowledge. Not that I could have done much about it.)
 
fresh_42 said:
For a moment I was tempted to use a picture where I could be seen in bed after a spontaneous party in a hotel cafeteria in Moscow. (It had been taken without my knowledge. Not that I could have done much about it.)
I thought you were in the town were Euler crossed the 5 bridges, whose analysis gave rise to Topology. Was that the Pregel river of some like that?