What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 756K views
zoobyshoe said:
This reminds me of the story told by a woman I used to know: in grade school there was some very upsetting incident between her and her teacher (I don't remember the details) about her having to go to the bathroom during class. She developed such a huge complex about it that she determined she would never have to go to the bathroom again the whole time she was at school, and her whole life and diet became about 'bathroom use management': everything she ate or drank had to be considered with respect to how it might affect her need to use the bathroom during the hours she was at school. She worked at, 1.) ignoring thirst, and, 2.) holding her pee for hours, and this discipline became the center of her life.
That's so sad. Children can be so affected by what adults say. And the adults often have no idea what they caused.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Pepper Mint
Physics news on Phys.org
WWGD said:
Still wondering what the issue is with this singer adele. She is young, she has plenty of awards, millions and almost every song she sings she seems to be moaning and bitching. What else does she want?
Haha have you heard some shocking news about her disgraceful behaviour? :-)
 
zoobyshoe said:
This reminds me of the story told by a woman I used to know: in grade school there was some very upsetting incident between her and her teacher (I don't remember the details) about her having to go to the bathroom during class. She developed such a huge complex about it that she determined she would never have to go to the bathroom again the whole time she was at school, and her whole life and diet became about 'bathroom use management': everything she ate or drank had to be considered with respect to how it might affect her need to use the bathroom during the hours she was at school. She worked at, 1.) ignoring thirst, and, 2.) holding her pee for hours, and this discipline became the center of her life.
It is a tragedy caused by bad teachers instead.
Do they ever feel sorry for people with mental disorders or those that are suffering from some tragic life events ? I don't think they do.
Sophia said:
That's so sad. Children can be so affected by what adults say. And the adults often have no idea what they caused.
True! And even adults are also affected by what other adults say.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia
Sophia said:
Haha have you heard some shocking news about her disgraceful behaviour? :-)
Do you mean the tax issues? She expects compassion from having to pay taxes, it seems.
 
WWGD said:
Do you mean the tax issues? She expects compassion from having to pay taxes, it seems.
LOL I had no idea about that. The only gossip about celebrities I've registered recently is Angela's and Brad's divorce :-p
 
Sophia said:
LOL I had no idea about that. The only gossip about celebrities I've registered recently is Angela's and Brad's divorce :-p
Someone told me about it when I commented on her complaining. I don't keep up either with Brangelina, Ashtray or Bennifer or whatever other horrible combo.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia
WWGD said:
Someone told me about it when I commented on her complaining. I don't keep up either with Brangelina, Ashtray or Bennifer or whatever other horrible combo.
I love those names :-D
To be honest, I don't really care about this stuff. I don't even know the majority of contemporary celebrities, neither local not global. I only know those that used to be popular 10+ years ago, when I was a teen.
 
Sophia said:
I love those names :-D
To be honest, I don't really care about this stuff. I don't even know the majority of contemporary celebrities, neither local not global. I only know those that used to be popular 10+ years ago, when I was a teen.
I don't care either, I just know them by exposure through daily life. And I was hanging out at B&N when they were piping in adele. It seems like watching TV alone exposes you to them, want it or not (not).
 
In a divorce, are there things that are hard to be divided for both ?:smile:
 
Ibix said:
Houses. Children. Pets. CD/DVD/book collections. Furniture. Electronics.
And most often: pain.
 
fresh_42 said:
And most often: pain.
... mandatory. Suffering is optional.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42
I am looking for a new job, anyone wants to marry me ?:moto:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: wolram and ProfuselyQuarky
Look before you leap, little one !

upload_2016-9-23_7-41-53.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky
Pepper Mint said:
Now I learn what a boat means. :oldbiggrin:
Why do I have doubts :wideeyed::)):biggrin:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Pepper Mint
Pepper Mint said:
Now I learn what a boat means. :oldbiggrin:

Choosing the right bait is very important.

High maintenance
1986-hatteras-45-convertible-0.jpg
low maintenance
Winslow%20Homer-799869.jpg


"simplify, simplify" thoreau
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky, Pepper Mint and Sophia
I don't think I need a yacht. :biggrin: A small boat to view sunset and sunrise is too much for me.
​
 
I have sent you only drafts, your ideas if any, either positive or negative about me, work and are appreciated. They are to me precious free consulting services you offered me. :-p:biggrin: Thank you.
 
Pepper Mint said:
I am looking for a new job, anyone wants to marry me ?:moto:

I am also looking for a job, and a partner so if you have a good brain and are half respectable i will take you on:biggrin:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Pepper Mint
wolram said:
I am also looking for a job, and a partner so if you have a good brain and are half respectable i will take you on:biggrin:
I am glad to hear that. :biggrin: Is there a trial period for you to understand real me ? Whatever I say is only words which probably wouldn't convince you at all.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: wolram
Pepper Mint said:
I am glad to hear that. :biggrin: Is there a trial period for you to understand real me ? Whatever I say is only words which probably wouldn't convince you at all.

Im secretly in love with Evos brain, i am sure a few hours talking to you i could judge your character, I am a good judge:biggrin:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky
wolram said:
Im secretly in love with Evos brain, i am sure a few hours talking to you i could judge your character, I am a good judge:biggrin:
Really ? Feel free to contact me anything soon. :woot:
 
I think this is a little cute and funny at the same time. I like the reaction faces so I felt like sharing: https://tapastic.com/episode/408481

At the moment I decided to post this it had over 137k views. A few minutes later the counter updated to over 146k views and it's still growing. It looks like it's been shared everywhere. Check it out if you want to laugh a little. :smile: Here is a preview. Cheers for the author.

And that place has other who are also very funny, like this one from the same author: https://tapastic.com/episode/118152

I must say, the reaction faces are awesome. Specially the shocking faces :DD.
 
Psinter said:
I think this is a little cute and funny at the same time. I like the reaction faces so I felt like sharing: https://tapastic.com/episode/408481

At the moment I decided to post this it had over 137k views. A few minutes later the counter updated to over 146k views and it's still growing. It looks like it's been shared everywhere. Check it out if you want to laugh a little. :smile: Here is a preview. Cheers for the author.

And that place has other who are also very funny, like this one from the same author: https://tapastic.com/episode/118152

I must say, the reaction faces are awesome. Specially the shocking faces :DD.

:biggrin:
 
If I played ' go fetch ' with a dog, using a boomerang, I wonder how long it would take for the dog to notice there was something strange going on.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: beamie564, ProfuselyQuarky, Sophia and 1 other person
Inktober is in five days ##\Longrightarrow## In five days, it's going to be a holiday.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Pepper Mint
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Inktober is in five days ##\Longrightarrow## In five days, it's going to be a holiday.
:biggrin: Yeah can't wait till that day.
 
Pepper Mint said:
:biggrin: Yeah can't wait till that day.
Are you going to do it, too? :biggrin: