What is the Number of Fringes in a YDSE with Given Parameters?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 5K views
Abhimessi10
Messages
43
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Find number of fringes separated by 1 cm on a screen at a distance of 2mm from slits which are 0.2mm apart from each other.The wavelength of light used is 500nm.

Homework Equations


The Attempt at a Solution


I really don't know any way to solve it.I have tried putting unit values of slit distance wavelength and screen distance but I am not sure if that can be applied here
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Abhimessi10 said:

Homework Statement


Find number of fringes separated by 1 cm on a screen at a distance of 2mm from slits which are 0.2mm apart from each other.The wavelength of light used is 500nm.

Homework Equations


The Attempt at a Solution


I really don't know any way to solve it.I have tried putting unit values of slit distance wavelength and screen distance but I am not sure if that can be applied here
First calculate fringe width for given arrangement
 
Abhishek kumar said:
First calculate fringe width for given arrangement

Ok then?
 
Abhimessi10 said:
Ok then?
Then by dividing 1cm by fringe width you will get the number
 
Abhishek kumar said:
Then by dividing 1cm by fringe width you will get the number

Between one cm there could be dark and bright fringes.So dividing 1 cm by fringe width will give only bright or dark fringes only,right?
 
There is alternate bright and dark fringe of width Dλ/d.you will get both finge.
 
Abhishek kumar said:
There is alternate bright and dark fringe of width Dλ/d.you will get both finge.

Yeah thanks man