asdf1 Messages 734 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Dec 11, 2005 #1 if d(G/T)=(-H/T^2)dT then why can it also equal d( delta G/T)= -delta H/T^2?
matt grime Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 9,361 Reaction score 6 Dec 11, 2005 #2 unless delta=1 then all those things can't be equal.
siddharth Homework Helper Gold Member Messages 1,145 Reaction score 0 Dec 11, 2005 #3 matt,I think that's a thermodynamic relationship. So delta G signifies the change in Gibbs energy between the initial and final states ie, delta G = G_f - G_i
matt,I think that's a thermodynamic relationship. So delta G signifies the change in Gibbs energy between the initial and final states ie, delta G = G_f - G_i
matt grime Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 9,361 Reaction score 6 Dec 11, 2005 #4 The point I was making was that the question is badly written. We shouldn't have to guess what the symbols mean.
The point I was making was that the question is badly written. We shouldn't have to guess what the symbols mean.
asdf1 Messages 734 Reaction score 0 Dec 12, 2005 #5 sorry about that! you're right~ it's a thermodynamics relationship, and I'm confused about why the second equation is right...
sorry about that! you're right~ it's a thermodynamics relationship, and I'm confused about why the second equation is right...