What Is the Resistivity of Pure Steam?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 11K views
assume
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am working on a Project that involves determination of Quality of Steam. In that I have few queries, so please help if possible:

1. Is there any mathematical relationship between Resistivity of water and temperature? because i am not able to find one, but since i am working on this project, so by doing practical I found that: Resistivity of water decreases with increase in temperature, but I am not able to find any mathematical relationship?

2.What is the resistivity of pure steam?
I read on the net, that steam has infinite resistance, but infinite does not exist so there must be some value ( may be in Mega ohm, giga ohm, etc); I am looking for that value?

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Moderator's note:

Please note, this area of Physics Forums is for providing useful reference materials, not for seeking help with questions.

All homework and other questions relating to classwork should be posted in one of our Homework & Coursework Questions forums, which may be found here:


If you repost your question there, you will see a template to be filled out; please be sure to fill in each section of the homework/coursework template.

If this project is not for a class, then choose a suitable area from among our main forums at www.physicsforums.com

Since some time has passed since this question was posted, I am locking this thread for now so that it is visible. It will be deleted at a future date.

Regards,

Redbelly98
Physics Forums Staff