What is the role of physics in TTRPG worldbuilding?

• Thread starter LadiSilverfox
  • Start date
In summary, physics plays a crucial role in TTRPG (tabletop role-playing game) worldbuilding by providing a foundation for creating realistic and believable fictional worlds. It helps determine the rules and limitations of the game's universe, from the behavior of magic and technology to the properties of different environments and creatures. Physics also adds depth and complexity to the storytelling and gameplay, allowing players to strategize and problem-solve within the constraints of the game's physical laws. Without a solid understanding of physics, worldbuilding in TTRPGs would lack credibility and immersion.
LadiSilverfox
How did you find PF?
Google Search
Good evening, I am LadiSilverfox.
In my spare time, I enjoy writing stories or worldbuilding for TTRPGs. I recently found myself in a bit of a pickle and thought, wouldn't it be nice to discuss this with people who know physics better than I? And so here I am, hoping the genius of maths and sciences can help solve my conundrum.
I look forward to getting to know you. :)

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you for the welcome and the direct link, Frabjous. It's actually because of that forum I decided to join. I was very excited when I found it. :wink:

Likes Frabjous