What is the role of Windows Defender in Windows 7 and should it be enabled?
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 5K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 8,130
- 575
Borg said:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Defender" . Do you have any antivirus software installed? If so, they may already include anti-spyware tools.
I have AVG, Bitdefender, and Malwarebyte (all free versions).
Last edited by a moderator:
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,408
- 5,259
I can't say for sure but I don't think that it's good to have more than one antivirus program running at a time. I had a new Windows 7 computer last year and made the mistake of having both AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials running on it. They were causing it to randomly lock up especially while browsing the internet. It took me a while to figure that one out.mathman said:I have AVG, Bitdefender, and Malwarebyte (all free versions).
Similar threads
- JDD
- · Replies 1 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 1
- EngWiPy
- · Replies 1 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 1
- mathman
- · Replies 181 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 181
- Wrichik Basu
- · Replies 15 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 15
- diredragon
- · Replies 2 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 2
- Benjamin_harsh
- · Replies 7 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 7
- AliGh
- · Replies 1 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 1
- fluidistic
- · Replies 123 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 123
- dipole
- · Replies 18 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 18
- pyzicslolito
- · Replies 4 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 4