What is the tension supporting one ball?

In summary, two identical conducting balls, b1 and b2, with a mass of 25.0g each, are hanging at an angle of 45 degrees from the vertical at a distance of 50.0cm. The equations used to solve this problem are Fg = mg, Fe = kq/r^2, and Ft = ?. The student attempted to use trigonometry but got the wrong answer and is seeking clarification on what the correct answer should be.
Joshua May

Homework Statement

Two identical conducting balls, b1 and b2, each with a mass of 25.0g
both are hanging at 50.0cm at an angle of 45Degrees from the vertical each.

Homework Equations

Fg = mg
Fe = kq/r^2
Ft = ?

The Attempt at a Solution

I made a free body diagram and am confused on what to do next... I attempted trigonometry but I get the wrong answer...

Physics news on Phys.org
Joshua May said:
I attempted trigonometry but I get the wrong answer...
What do you get as answer, what do you want to get?

We can't tell what went wrong if you do not show what you did.

Edit / Redundant post .

1. What is tension supporting one ball?

Tension supporting one ball is a scientific concept that refers to the physical force or stress applied to a single ball in order to hold it in place or prevent it from falling.

2. Why is tension supporting one ball important?

Understanding tension supporting one ball is important because it can be applied in various real-life situations, such as construction and engineering, to ensure the stability and safety of structures.

3. How is tension supporting one ball measured?

Tension supporting one ball is typically measured in units of force, such as newtons or pounds. It can also be calculated using specific formulas that take into account the weight of the ball, the angle of the supporting cable, and other factors.

4. What are some examples of tension supporting one ball in action?

Examples of tension supporting one ball can be seen in suspension bridges, where the cables supporting the bridge are under tension to hold the weight of the bridge and the vehicles crossing it. Another example is in sports, such as tennis, where the tension of the strings on a tennis racket supports the movement and impact of the ball.

5. How does tension supporting one ball relate to other scientific concepts?

Tension supporting one ball is closely related to the principles of mechanics, specifically the study of forces and their effects on objects. It also intersects with concepts such as gravity, equilibrium, and stability.