Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace What is Tubes Assembly and Manifold for engines?

  1. Sep 28, 2009 #1
    Dear all,

    I am so sorry for my stupid questions. Currently, I am looking for documents (lecture notes) on tubes assembly and manifold for aircraft engine.

    What are those tubes assembly and manifold? What are those characteristic? I did quite alot google search, however, I only found any good sketch/picture representation of these tubes and manifold. I would like to know their functions in the aircraft engine and why I saw many of them made of aluminum alloy but some of them does not have materials specification?

    I am doing my third year study in Engineering!

    Thank you very one for reading.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2009 #2
    Somebody helps?please!
  4. Sep 30, 2009 #3
    I don't understand your question. You might have better luck retyping it.
  5. Oct 5, 2009 #4
    Hi Cyrus,

    I am so sorry for my bad English. Do you know about the works of repairing Tube Assembly and Manifolds in Aircraft engines? I would like to know the natures of these jobs?

    Thanks in advanced!
  6. Oct 13, 2009 #5
    Tube assembly?? I am assuming by manifold you mean the aircraft sump. The manifold is on the other side of the carburetor or fuel servo if fuel injected. The intake tubes disperse the air fuel mixture from the manifold to each cylinder.The engine oil is also in the sump. They run intake air through the sump around the oil to help cool it. Intake air is basically ram air when in flight.
  7. Oct 14, 2009 #6
    Hi Pitts,
    In fact, I am not very sure about the tube assembly work scope. I would do more research on that. Thank you very much and have a nice day..
  8. Oct 14, 2009 #7
    I forgot to ask Piston driven or turbine??
  9. Oct 14, 2009 #8
    It should be Turbine. The PW4000 series..
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook