What prgram you could use to draw a ponchon and mccabe diagrams?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scott_for_the_game
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Diagrams
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
scott_for_the_game
Messages
28
Reaction score
1
Hey does anyone know what prgram you could use to draw a ponchon and mccabe diagram for mass transfer.

Particularly one that's downloadable :P.

Cheers.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Rather easy to do yourself.
You just need the thermodynamic data.
Start then by modelling one equilibrium stage with a short program, then re-use it for a multiple stage.
The counter-current aspect may introduce some additional difficulty, but it should be easy to overcome with a bit of time and strategy.
Without garantee, I could think a bit further if you gave me more detail about the system you are stuying.
 
Last edited:
The major problem for me was plotting the equilibrium data on the graph. (ie, y vs x, H -x -y and N - x -y plots). Once you fit a curve through the data points and print it, the rest of the construction can easily be done with a pencil
 
Cheers. Ah yeh I know its easy enough to do by hand.. but yeh I'm looking for very accurate results. Thats the only reason I wanted to know if it could be done via a program.
 
If you're interested, I found this site with some free software on the mccabe thiele method.
http://www.familiataboada.com/IQ/page4.html
I've not used it, so I don't know how reliable or safe the software is.

Anyway, in my experience, solving by hand usually gives pretty accurate answers.
 
Last edited: