What Should an Incoming EE Student Expect and How to Prepare?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
Jose Daniel
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I am A few months from going to college and I want to ask you guys what to expect and how to prepare.Thank you :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
hi there
welcome to PF

I have asked this thread to be moved to the academic guidance section

cheers
Dave
 
Jose Daniel said:
I am A few months from going to college and I want to ask you guys what to expect and how to prepare.Thank you :)

Welcome to the PF, Jose. :smile:

I have requested that this thread be moved to the High Energy Physics forum. No, just kidding around with Dave. :biggrin:

You can get an idea of what to expect from my Mentor Biography here: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/meet-a-mentor-berkeman.684732/

I found undergrad very challenging at first, and then much more manageable once I figured out how to study (and how much to study).

What is your background? What will you be majoring in at college? Are you staying in the dorms your first year at college?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd
Although you'll be majoring in EE, you won't likely take any EE courses until probably the 2nd semester sophmore year (maybe the first semester) so you have a fair amount of time to learn more about the "EE" part. In frosh year you'll take the same stuff all the STEM people take. Focus on the math.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman