What textbooks should I do in Physics if I'm in High School

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
KingOfDirewolves
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
I'm currently in High School and I want to learn Physics for clearing our local Physics Olympiad then possibly the IPhO. I'm a 11th Grade Student in India. My math is quite strong so I have no problem is using Calculus. I have also noticed that my problem solving skills improve only when I do problems.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
For freshman level Physics, there's the free OpenStax.org University 3 volume physics ebook.

for classical mechanics at the Junior college level there's Goldstein. I had a friend who in high school worked through its problems, this was my first real intro to how physics is done using Lagrangians and Hamiltonians to solve some cool problems. It also had some Calculus of Variations I think too.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: KingOfDirewolves