What texts should I be checking out for instrumentation?

In summary, you would need to purchase electronic instrumentation for a course on instrumentation, and study electronic theory in order to measure data.
Winzer
What texts should I be checking out for instrumentation?

Engineering news on Phys.org

You might need to be a little more specific. Do you mean Electronic instumentation and at what level?

If you are thinking of doing a course on instrumentation, the specified text for the course would always be a good advance purchase.
You could also approach the teacher of the course and ask if there was any text or website that might be useful to study before the course began.

Instrumentation always involves a detailed application of electronic theory, so some study in that area might be good if you feel you need it.

You could start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrumentation" [Broken]
When you measure parameters, you need sensors: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4045"

Last edited by a moderator:

vk6kro said:
You might need to be a little more specific. Do you mean Electronic instumentation and at what level?

If you are thinking of doing a course on instrumentation, the specified text for the course would always be a good advance purchase.
You could also approach the teacher of the course and ask if there was any text or website that might be useful to study before the course began.

Instrumentation always involves a detailed application of electronic theory, so some study in that area might be good if you feel you need it.
Well I would like to make sensors for measuring data in physics.

First, you need to work out what sort of data you want to measure.

You don't normally make sensors, because you have to buy most of them.

You can make some of them though. It might be as simple as putting two pieces of metal on a tank to see if it is full of water, or not, by checking for conductivity between them.

There are lots of different ways of measuring data to bring it into a computer, for example.

What level of electronics study have you done? What country are you in?

Courses I've taken: Digital and analog circuits(Hambley Txt)

That should give you some good background.

Have you used thermisters and light dependent resistors in your courses?

What would you like to measure?

1. What is the purpose of checking out texts for instrumentation?

The purpose of checking out texts for instrumentation is to gain a better understanding of the principles and techniques used in instrumentation. It can also help in staying updated with the latest advancements in the field.

2. What types of texts should I be looking for?

You should be looking for texts that cover the fundamentals of instrumentation, as well as specific topics such as data acquisition, sensors, control systems, and signal processing. It's also beneficial to read texts that cover the applications of instrumentation in various industries.

3. Are there any recommended authors or publishers for instrumentation texts?

Some well-respected authors in the field of instrumentation include C.D. Johnson, A.K. Sawhney, and K.L. Alajbegovic. Some renowned publishers for instrumentation texts include Wiley, Elsevier, and McGraw-Hill.

4. How can I determine if a text is relevant and reliable?

You can determine the relevance and reliability of a text by checking the author's credentials and the publisher's reputation. Additionally, you can look for reviews or recommendations from other experts in the field.

5. Are there any online resources for instrumentation texts?

Yes, there are many online resources for instrumentation texts, such as e-books, online journals, and websites of reputable organizations and universities. It's important to ensure that the source is credible before using it as a reference.