What to minor with a ee degree?

In summary, a good minor to pair with an electrical engineering degree would be mathematics and statistics, physics, mechanical engineering, or a combination of business and economics courses. Ultimately, the best minor will depend on your interests and goals after college. It's important to choose courses that align with your interests and further your goals, rather than simply focusing on the label of a minor. Some suggestions for courses to consider based on different career paths could be business or economics courses for a management track, graduate courses for an advanced engineering track, or art history, music, or philosophy courses for a well-rounded education. Ultimately, the decision will depend on your individual goals and interests.
myusernameis
prospect ee major here. What would be a good minor to go with an ee degree?

thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
myusernameis said:

thanks.

Probably mathematics and statistics with some theory of probability. Or you could minor in physics or mechanical engineering.

myusernameis said:

thanks.

What are you goals after college? It all depends. It also depends what you are interested in.

kote said:
What are you goals after college? It all depends. It also depends what you are interested in.

I think this is absolutely correct.

It's also important to keep in mind that calling something a "minor" doesn't really help you at all. The important thing is the content of the courses and how it feeds your interests and furthers your goals.

If you see yourself in management, take a few business or economics courses. If you are interested in more advanced engineering, consider a few graduate courses. If you can't make up your mind, take a few art history, music, or philosophy courses.

kote said:

I am trying to get my gpa to be high enough for grad school for ee, is a minor in music any good? since i am taking music courses, and thinking about doing ee with double major, and really really confused...

any more insights?

thanks for replying!

1. What are some common minors for an electrical engineering degree?

Some common minors for an electrical engineering degree include computer science, mathematics, physics, business, and communications. These minors can complement an EE degree and provide a well-rounded education.

2. Is it necessary to minor with an EE degree?

No, it is not necessary to minor with an EE degree. However, minoring in a related field can enhance your skills and knowledge in a specific area and make you more competitive in the job market.

3. Can I minor in something completely unrelated to EE?

Yes, you can minor in something completely unrelated to EE, such as music, art, or a foreign language. It can add diversity to your education and show potential employers that you have diverse interests and skills.

4. How do I choose a minor for my EE degree?

When choosing a minor for your EE degree, consider your career goals, interests, and strengths. You can also speak with an academic advisor or research the minors offered by your university to find one that aligns with your goals and interests.

5. Can I change my minor after declaring it?

Yes, you can change your minor after declaring it. However, it is important to consider the potential impact on your graduation timeline and required coursework. It is best to consult with an academic advisor before making any changes to your minor.