1. PF Contest - Win "Conquering the Physics GRE" book! Click Here to Enter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What to minor with a ee degree?

1. Dec 13, 2009 #1
    prospect ee major here. What would be a good minor to go with an ee degree?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2009 #2
    Probably mathematics and statistics with some theory of probability. Or you could minor in physics or mechanical engineering.
  4. Dec 14, 2009 #3
    What are you goals after college? It all depends. It also depends what you are interested in.
  5. Dec 14, 2009 #4
    I think this is absolutely correct.

It's also important to keep in mind that calling something a "minor" doesn't really help you at all. The important thing is the content of the courses and how it feeds your interests and furthers your goals.

If you see yourself in management, take a few business or economics courses. If you are interested in more advanced engineering, consider a few graduate courses. If you can't make up your mind, take a few art history, music, or philosophy courses.
  6. Dec 14, 2009 #5
    I am trying to get my gpa to be high enough for grad school for ee, is a minor in music any good? since i am taking music courses, and thinking about doing ee with double major, and really really confused....

any more insights?

thanks for replying!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook