What undergraduate degree to take for Molecular Biologist?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Sciguy280
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Can someone tell me What should I take in Community College to become a Molecuar Biologist?
Should I take a Associates of Applied Sciences in BioTechnology or a Associates of Biology in Science(AS) or Associates of Science?However in the future I would like to work at a Biotech company,but I want to be a Molecular Biologist with a emphasis on Genetics
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Rocket50 said:
Biology is the obvious choice.

I thought AAS BioTech because a portion of the semester involves Molecular Biology
 
Sciguy280 said:
I thought AAS BioTech because a portion of the semester involves Molecular Biology

I'm pretty sure the Biology degree program requires a molecular biology course as well. If you want to be a molecular biologist, you're probably going to go to graduate school. A degree in general biology will give you more options as well in what to specialist in.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person
Rocket50 said:
I'm pretty sure the Biology degree program requires a molecular biology course as well. If you want to be a molecular biologist, you're probably going to go to graduate school. A degree in general biology will give you more options as well in what to specialist in.

Actually it involves MicroBiology but as long as I have something relevant to it that's all that matters I believe