What variables affect the amplitude and equilibrium of waves and springs?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
Scholar1
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
What variables are maximum at amplitude and equilibrium? What variables are minimum at amplitude and equilibrium? I'm confused about this topic... I know KE is max at equilibrium and PE is max at amplitude.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You should state your question better. I don't know what you're asking.

At equilibrium Δx = 0 and at max amplitude Δx is greatest. The force the spring exerts at equilibrium is zero, and is max at amplitude. K never changes.
 
Velocity is max when KE is maxed. Force and Acceleration are both max when the PE is max. You should have known when force and velocity were maxed if you know what KE and PE are.