What version of Xcode is compatible with Mac OS Lion 10.7.3?

• Thread starter trueo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mac Os
In summary, the individual is questioning which version of Xcode is compatible with their Mac OS 10.7.3 and asks if 4.32 is the correct choice. They mention that the version they downloaded, 4.5.1, is not working and that even after installing successfully, the Xcode link disappears once they turn off their machine. They speculate that the issue may be related to the size of the downloaded dmg file and express confusion about the difference between a 1.98GB file and a 1.4GB file. Finally, they provide a link to older versions of Xcode that can be accessed with a free account.
trueo
Hello, I mistook downloding xcode 4.5.1 that is incompatible with my lion 10.7.3, which version of xcode should work with my mac os anyway ? should xcode 4.32 be the right choice ? Thank you.

Technology news on Phys.org
It works with the mentioned version too. But after I successfully installed Xcode on my machine and rebooted it, there is no XCode link created at all in the Applications folder. I have to run the downloaded dmg file again to see it popping up. But later it'd disappear once I power of my machine. Is there a solution to this tiny problem ?

Edit: it seems I don't understand about the difference between the dmg file of size 1.98GB and another one of size 1.4GB, i guess this is probably the problem. I downloaded and installed 1.98GB dmg and it stays as a separate disk image the second time I run it.

You should be able to install any of the 4.3.x releases. You can find older releases of Xcode here (needs free account): http://connect.apple.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to What version of Xcode is compatible with Mac OS Lion 10.7.3?

1. What is Xcode for Mac OS Lion 10.7.3?

Xcode is a development environment created by Apple for creating applications for Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. It includes a suite of tools and libraries for coding, debugging, and testing software.

2. Is Xcode compatible with Mac OS Lion 10.7.3?

Yes, Xcode is compatible with Mac OS Lion 10.7.3. However, the latest version of Xcode (Xcode 11) is only compatible with Mac OS 10.14 or later.

3. How do I install Xcode on Mac OS Lion 10.7.3?

To install Xcode on Mac OS Lion 10.7.3, you can download it from the Mac App Store. You will need an Apple Developer account to download it for free. Alternatively, you can also download older versions of Xcode from the Apple Developer website.

4. What are the system requirements for Xcode on Mac OS Lion 10.7.3?

The minimum system requirements for Xcode on Mac OS Lion 10.7.3 are: 4GB of RAM, 4GB of available disk space, and an Intel-based Mac with a 64-bit processor. Xcode also requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later.

5. Can I develop iOS apps with Xcode on Mac OS Lion 10.7.3?

Yes, you can develop iOS apps with Xcode on Mac OS Lion 10.7.3. However, the latest version of Xcode (Xcode 11) only supports developing apps for iOS 13 and later. If you need to develop apps for older versions of iOS, you will need to use an older version of Xcode.