1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's the inverse of conductance?

1. Oct 12, 2011 #1
    I'm doing an experiment today in class and I just wanted to know what's the inverse of conductance (expressed in S) and its units in the SI system.

Thanks for viewing!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2011 #2
    I'm doing an experiment at university today and I just wanted to know what's the inverse of conductance (expressed in S) and its units in the SI system.
    Thanks!

4. Oct 12, 2011 #3
    Hi, I'm doing an experiment in class today and I just wanted to know what's the inverse of electric conductance (expressed in S) and its units in the SI system.
    Thanks!

5. Oct 12, 2011 #4

Matterwave

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Conductance is the inverse of Resistance which is in units of Ohms ( or volts/amps).

6. Oct 12, 2011 #5
    Yes, I agree. I want to know the inverse of conductance. You know, if conductance was S, I want to know what's the name and units of 1/S.

7. Oct 12, 2011 #6
    I guess it's the resistance (?)

8. Oct 12, 2011 #7

ehild

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The reciprocal of electric conductance is the resistance, with unit of ohm, (Ω).

ehild

9. Oct 12, 2011 #8
    Thank you so much, it's easy, but sometimes I tend to complicate stuff!!

10. Oct 12, 2011 #9

sophiecentaur

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Cut out the middleman and go straight to Google - thence http://linearcircuitry.com/ResistanceAndConductance.html [Broken]
    and many others.
    Good luck with your Science.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook