What's the inverse of conductance?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter carlasofb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Conductance Inverse
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 7K views
carlasofb
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I'm doing an experiment today in class and I just wanted to know what's the inverse of conductance (expressed in S) and its units in the SI system.

Thanks for viewing!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm doing an experiment at university today and I just wanted to know what's the inverse of conductance (expressed in S) and its units in the SI system.
Thanks!
 
Hi, I'm doing an experiment in class today and I just wanted to know what's the inverse of electric conductance (expressed in S) and its units in the SI system.
Thanks!
 
Conductance is the inverse of Resistance which is in units of Ohms ( or volts/amps).
 
Yes, I agree. I want to know the inverse of conductance. You know, if conductance was S, I want to know what's the name and units of 1/S.
 
The reciprocal of electric conductance is the resistance, with unit of ohm, (Ω).

ehild
 
Thank you so much, it's easy, but sometimes I tend to complicate stuff!
 
Cut out the middleman and go straight to Google - thence http://linearcircuitry.com/ResistanceAndConductance.html
and many others.
Good luck with your Science.
 
Last edited by a moderator: