Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
I'm re-reading "In Search of the Dark Ages" by Michael Wood.
arildno said:Thief.![]()
meteor said:Dan Brown's "Digital fortress", about an unbreakable code able to resist the so-called "brute force attack"
I took up this book after I finished "The Da vinci code". Great ending! Who was to imagine that the skeleton of Mary Magdalena was buried in the Louvre. Maybe I'll watch the film, though some countries are pressing to ban it, for example India and South Korea
yomamma said:Why is everyone saying that they'll never read the Da Vinci Code...?
heartless said:Because the movie is coming out, there is no reason to lose days reading 400 pages.![]()
Several people recommended it, but after they described the plot, I decided that it was not a story I would care to read. But that's me.yomamma said:Why is everyone saying that they'll never read the Da Vinci Code...?
Hootenanny said:Just spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it yet. I'm going to see the movie on Friday, can't wait!
![]()
~H
siddharth said:Me and my friends were planning to watch this as well. Before the government came and banned it .
In fact, I've always wondered, if the government can ban films for hurting the sentiments of certain religions, why doesn't it ban religious films and documentaries for hurting the sentiments of the non-believers?
Controversial Hollywood film The Da Vinci Code has been cleared for release in India after protests by Christians.
Censors gave it an adult rating but said disclaimers stating it was fiction were needed at the beginning and end.
And don't forget, they all start start with someone being murdered. And there is an (H)assassin who tries to kill the professor and/or the woman.jhe1984 said:Just an observation:
Every single one of Dan Brown's books involves a young intrepid professor being thrust into an adventure with a distressed and highly educated female.
All of them.
Same here. I bought a two-volume set of the all the short stories and novels. I've read the first two novels and the first two short stories, and plan to continue after my exams are over, which, btw, starts in about 23hrs and 45 mts.jasc15 said:as soon as my GRE is over, I am going to resume my complete collection of sherlock holmes...
BTW, i enjoyed Dan Brown's books, although less so after each successive one because they were TERRIBLY formulaic.
so it was unoriginal...SOMEWHAT poorly written...it was still interesting...and at the least entertainingarildno said:Hmm..because it is unoriginal and badly written?
Mount Fuji has been torn down to make way for a Starbuck's. Other than that, not much.Geographer said:Have there been any major breakthroughs in physical geography since then