What’s your favorite PF username?

• Thread starter ProfuselyQuarky
  • Start date
In summary: Or dogs are a kind of fruit in a reverse sense.Evo. While I'm still afraid of this member, I got to say the username rocks. Three letters and it still manages to sound cool.It's super...
ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
Some of mine …

@phinds It sounds friendly and reminds me glockenspiels.

@Choppy Makes me think of the water near the coast where I live.

@wolram Not sure if that was the intent, but I notice that it reads marlow backwards, which is one of my favorite names. Also, wolram just sounds nice the way it is.

@OmCheeto I really like the way it sounds

Disclaimer: I might possibly steal some names for my pet fish because I recycle their names every month

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Disclaimer: I might possibly steal some names for my pet fish because I recycle their names every month

You mean your fish dies every month and you get a new one?

Likes Drakkith
jedishrfu said:
I like profuselyquarky as its very original.
Heehee, but that can't be your favorite :smile:
micromass said:
You mean your fish dies every month and you get a new one?
No, I've got eight fish and I just change their names frequently. Is that odd?

ProfuselyQuarky said:

Just give them names from the periodic table. You can adjust them to personalities too. The aggressive fish is called oxygen. The fish who is really relaxed and doesn't care about anything is Helium. And the biggest, scariest fish is called vanadium.

Likes Hoophy, strangerep, Drakkith and 1 other person
One of my nieces was studying the psychology of usernames and how they reflected the owners personality. As an example, someone might use Zeroboy to reflect that they have low self esteem.

The study included analyzing the things they posted so you could get a truer sense of their personality.

micromass said:
Just give them names from the periodic table. You can adjust them to personalities too. The aggressive fish is called oxygen. The fish who is really relaxed and doesn't care about anything is Helium. And the biggest, scariest fish is called vanadium.
I've done that before, actually. Biggest fish to smallest fish, respectively, I've named them:

1) Uranium-238, Uranium-235, Osmium, Xenon, Moly (short for Molybdenum), Fluorine, Boron, and Hydrogen
2) Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Zeta, Eta, and Rho.
3) Thing 0, Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, Thing 4, Thing 5, Thing 6, and Thing 7
4) Mustard Seed, Allspice, Cinnamon, Cayenne, Salt, Pepper, MSG, and Beluga Whale.

Those are the most recent :biggrin:

Likes Tsu
ProfuselyQuarky said:
I've done that before, actually. Biggest fish to smallest fish, respectively, I've named them:

1) Uranium-238, Uranium-235, Osmium, Xenon, Moly (short for Molybdenum), Fluorine, Boron, and Hydrogen
2) Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Zeta, Eta, and Rho.
3) Thing 0, Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, Thing 4, Thing 5, Thing 6, and Thing 7
4) Mustard Seed, Allspice, Cinnamon, Cayenne, Salt, Pepper, MSG, and Beluga Whale.

Those are the most recent :biggrin:

Bigfoot, Graham, googolplex, googol, million, hundred, one ?

jedishrfu said:
One of my nieces was studying the psychology of usernames and how they reflected the owners personality. As an example, someone might use Zeroboy to reflect that they have low self esteem.

The study included analyzing the things they posted so you could get a truer sense of their personality.
I wonder what that says about you ... or me ... or everyone else :wideeyed:

Bigfoot is bigger than graham, Fan Chung may have something to say about that.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
micromass said:
Bigfoot, Graham, googolplex, googol, million, hundred, one?
Or, rather, Graham, googolplexian, googolplex, googol, million, hundred, one.

I quite like that! Thanks :) But I guess I'm the only one who has favorite PF usernames. I find names to be important, but perhaps that's just me.

How about Pfish, or ghoti?

Astronuc said:
How about Pfish, or ghoti?
Are those PF members? I like the name ghoti.

blog.jpg

Likes Sophia
micromass said:
blog.jpg
I ... had no idea. That's so bad, but I love it :woot:

ProfuselyQuarky said:
@OmCheeto I really like the way it sounds
My name means nothing.
Get over it...

Goth.jpeg

:oldbiggrin:

Last edited:
Likes Drakkith
@OmCheeto Flippershoomoogahrahlah means nothing, too, but it’s not stopping me from liking it.

ProfuselyQuarky said:
Are those PF members? I like the name ghoti.
I thought I was posting in the thread on names for one's fish.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Astronuc said:
I thought I was posting in the thread on names for one's fish.
An inconsequential error! :smile:

My name probably reflects that I think dogs are better than people.

Likes Sophia
ProfuselyQuarky said:

Must cost you a bit to keep changing their birth certificates to reflect the new name. ;)

OrangeDog said:
:olduhh:
StevieTNZ said:
Must cost you a bit to keep changing their birth certificates to reflect the new name. ;)
Haha, the government is unaware of my actions so, for now, I’m scot free :devil::biggrin:

Likes 1oldman2
OrangeDog said:

Or dogs are a kind of fruit in a reverse sense.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Evo. While I'm still afraid of this member, I got to say the username rocks. Three letters and it still manages to sound cool. :cool: It's super effective.

Psinter said:
Evo. While I'm still afraid of this member, I got to say the username rocks. Three letters and it still manages to sound cool. :cool: It's super effective.
Yes, I like the name Evo, too ... though I do not fear her as you do :rolleyes:

Likes Psinter
We should get @Evo to comment here as part of our community outreach program.

Likes collinsmark
jedishrfu said:

I didn't think about mine. I only joined to ask a question about SR, then hung around, got saddled with Homework Helper badge and wish I could change it now to something interesting and memorable like @Bandersnatch.

My name is a mashup of Star Wars and Martial Arts via Tai Chi Chien (sword), two of my favorite pastimes.

PeroK said:
I didn't think about mine. I only joined to ask a question about SR, then hung around, got saddled with Homework Helper badge and wish I could change it now to something interesting and memorable like @Bandersnatch.
I like the name PeroK :) Maybe it has something to with your avatar, but it makes me think of brisk, wet weather. And I love brisk, wet weather.
jedishrfu said:
My name is a mashup of Star Wars and Martial Arts via Tai Chi Chien (sword), two of my favorite pastimes.
I get the "jedi" part. How does "shrfu" come to play?

Likes jedishrfu
micromass said:
blog.jpg
As far as I know this comes from George Bernard Shaw.

ProfuselyQuarky said:
I quite like that! Thanks :) But I guess I'm the only one who has favorite PF usernames. I find names to be important, but perhaps that's just me.

Esmeralda: What is your name?
Butch: Butch.
Esmeralda: What does it mean?
Butch: I'm American, honey. Our names don't mean dang.
(Pulp Fiction - 1994 - a Tarantino movie)

fresh_42 said:
Esmeralda: What is your name?
Butch: Butch.
Esmeralda: What does it mean?
Butch: I'm American, honey. Our names don't mean ****.
(Pulp Fiction - 1994 - a Tarantino movie)
This is painfully true !

Americans are quite boring, huh?

Likes 1oldman2
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Au contraire! I'd say funny and entertaining. Esp. when it comes to debates about vaccination, evolution, gun laws, climate change, ... There's an australian page on FB where's regularly an article on those issues. It's more than entertaining :-p (I booked it because it promised to contain science news ...) Normally one wouldn't bother but there are really people out there who try to missionate their weird opinions.

Likes 1oldman2
fresh_42 said:
Au contraire! I'd say funny and entertaining. Esp. when it comes to debates about vaccination, evolution, gun laws, climate change, ... There's an australian page on FB where's regularly an article on those issues. It's more than entertaining :-p (I booked it because it promised to contain science news ...) Normally one wouldn't bother but there are really people out there who try to missionate their weird opinions.
I'm guessing you're not American, then :woot:

ProfuselyQuarky said:
Maybe not so much boring but we are getting painfully predictable. :nb)
(By the way your name always reminds me of a book called "Quark to Quasar")

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
<h2>1. What does "PF" stand for in "PF username"?</h2><p>PF stands for "Personal Finance".</p><h2>2. Can my PF username be the same as my real name?</h2><p>Yes, you can choose to use your real name as your PF username if you wish.</p><h2>3. How do I change my PF username?</h2><p>To change your PF username, go to your account settings and click on the option to edit your username. Keep in mind that some websites may have restrictions on how often you can change your username.</p><h2>4. Are there any rules or guidelines for choosing a PF username?</h2><p>Some websites may have specific rules or guidelines for choosing a PF username, such as not using profanity or using a certain number of characters. It's always a good idea to check the website's terms and conditions before creating your username.</p><h2>5. Can I have the same PF username as someone else?</h2><p>It is possible for two people to have the same PF username, especially if it is a common name. However, it is always best to choose a unique username to avoid confusion and potential security issues.</p>

1. What does "PF" stand for in "PF username"?

PF stands for "Personal Finance".

2. Can my PF username be the same as my real name?

Yes, you can choose to use your real name as your PF username if you wish.

3. How do I change my PF username?

To change your PF username, go to your account settings and click on the option to edit your username. Keep in mind that some websites may have restrictions on how often you can change your username.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for choosing a PF username?

Some websites may have specific rules or guidelines for choosing a PF username, such as not using profanity or using a certain number of characters. It's always a good idea to check the website's terms and conditions before creating your username.

5. Can I have the same PF username as someone else?

It is possible for two people to have the same PF username, especially if it is a common name. However, it is always best to choose a unique username to avoid confusion and potential security issues.