Where can I buy a flexible capacitive touch surface?

• Thread starter borshluger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Surface
In summary, there is a need for a touch surface that can be connected to a monitor to display touch locations. Someone suggests purchasing a flexible, capacitive touch surface and asks for assistance in finding where it can be bought. Another person shares a link to a specific product that fits the requirements.
borshluger
We need to be able wire it up to a monitor that displays where the surface is being touched. Not a huge feat. However I'd like to start buy ordering a piece a flexible, capacitive touch surface (not a screen).

Anyone can assist?

Engineering news on Phys.org
This is what I'm talking about! Perfect specimen.

wow, it's exactly what I'm looking for, too. anybody got an idea on where this can be bought ?
thanks,

poggg said:
wow, it's exactly what I'm looking for, too. anybody got an idea on where this can be bought ?
thanks,

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Flintstone-7-inch-multi-touch-flexible_60018378516.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.3.VFrPxu&s=p

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Where can I find a flexible capacitive touch surface?

You can find flexible capacitive touch surfaces at various electronics stores, both online and in physical locations. Some examples include Amazon, Best Buy, and Fry's Electronics.

2. Can I buy a flexible capacitive touch surface directly from the manufacturer?

Yes, you can purchase a flexible capacitive touch surface directly from the manufacturer. Many companies that produce these surfaces have their own online stores or sell their products through other retailers.

3. Are there any specific brands or models that are recommended for a flexible capacitive touch surface?

Some popular brands for flexible capacitive touch surfaces include 3M, Tactonic, and Peratech. It is recommended to read reviews and compare features before making a purchase to find the best fit for your needs.

4. How much do flexible capacitive touch surfaces typically cost?

The cost of a flexible capacitive touch surface can vary depending on the brand, features, and size. On average, they can range from $20 to $100, with some specialized surfaces costing more.

5. Can a flexible capacitive touch surface be used for various devices?

Yes, most flexible capacitive touch surfaces are designed to be compatible with a range of devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops. However, it is important to check the specifications and compatibility before purchasing.