Where Can I Find German and English Physics Textbooks for Secondary School?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
Kleio
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I am looking for secondary school (ages 11-14) Physics textbooks from Germany and England. Can you help me?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Kleio said:
I am looking for secondary school (ages 11-14) Physics textbooks from Germany and England. Can you help me?
That's an ambiguous question. Help you with what? Do you want people to help you find out where to buy them? That should be easy on the Internet. Or, are you hoping that people will just GIVE them to you ? If you want people to give them to you, where ARE you? Who pays the postage?

Do you see how your question is very incomplete?
 
phinds said:
That's an ambiguous question. Help you with what? Do you want people to help you find out where to buy them? That should be easy on the Internet. Or, are you hoping that people will just GIVE them to you ? If you want people to give them to you, where ARE you? Who pays the postage?

Do you see how your question is very incomplete?
I want to buy some books that are used in schools in germany and uk. Maybe you could suggest some you believe that are good.
 
If you know enough German, a search for Physics textbuch in Amazon.de should get you some hits with some page samples.
 
Schoolbooks are usually not very good these days. I was shocked looking at some German physics high-school books for the "Oberstufe", i.e., grades 11-13. You have to look at older editions to get a good book. The book, I learned for my Abitur exam was

Metzler, Physik (1989)

The same book in the edition of 2008 is still ok but way lower in level and in my opinion has lost a lot of the logic still present in the old edition. The edition of 2014 (for Nordrhein Westphalia) makes me very sad, to say it friendly.

I don't know, how books for the lower grades are these days.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby
Or go to Wikipediacht, check subject-related articles and see references.