Where Can I Find More Information About Magnetic Flux Twisting?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
tjrutan
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Can someone please give me a lead where I can find more information about this phenomenon? Shrug - I guess I take point blank dismissal too...




it's obviously happening, what is the phenomenon called?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Twisted magnetic field lines provide the "containment" for everything from coronal mass ejections from our sun, to the massive polar jets (probably) of black holes.

It's too early where I am too listen to the dialogue on those videos, so I'll respond to them specifically later (if I can). I would say this: you can twist field lines, bend them back, reconnect magnetic fields, but think of the flux as the energy going THROUGH the highway of field in a given volume and time. You twist a lot of things, but a flux follows, it doesn't... lead. Note that I'm using metaphor and analogy here a LOT.

Here's the real deal as I understand it in relation to possible solar dynamics.
http://iopscience.iop.org/1538-4357/466/1/L39/5006.text.html