Where do I look for an attachment to a question? Thanks.

• Thread starter brmath
  • Start date
In summary, the poster claims there is an attachment but can't find it. It was claimed there was an attachment but I couldn't find any link, so I wondered.
brmath
Where do I look for an attachment to a question? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
It was claimed there was an attachment but I couldn't find any link, so I wondered. And we will not count how many emails I have sent out without their attachments.

brmath said:
It was claimed there was an attachment but I couldn't find any link, so I wondered.

Can you give a link to the post in question?

I believe I can find the post. How do i send you a link to it?

Just post it here, or click on jtbells username and use "Send a private message to jtbell".
It happens frequently that someone forgets to attach something, so it is probably just a mistake.

Yes, just post the link here. Then you don't have to wait for me (specifically) to see it. Also, the more eyes see it, the more likely you are to get a correct answer. :smile:

jtbell said:
Yes, just post the link here. Then you don't have to wait for me (specifically) to see it. Also, the more eyes see it, the more likely you are to get a correct answer. :smile:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=715345

brmath said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=715345

There is no attachment to this thread. He just SAYS "see attachment" --- that doesn't mean he actually provided one. If one were there, it would be visible in the post. see the example given above.

So it seems. I'm a little new to the forum, and wasn't sure if maybe there was some other way to get to an attachment.

1. How do I know if an attachment is required for my question?

Typically, the person asking the question will specify whether or not an attachment is necessary. If it is not mentioned, you can always ask for clarification.

2. Where can I find an attachment to include with my question?

Attachments can be found on your computer or online. You can also create your own attachment if necessary.

3. Is there a limit to the size or type of attachment I can include with my question?

This will depend on the platform or website you are using to ask your question. Some may have restrictions on file size or specific file types, so it's best to check the guidelines before attaching anything.

4. Can I attach multiple files to my question?

Again, this will depend on the platform or website. Some may allow you to attach multiple files, while others may only allow one. If you need to attach multiple files, you can always combine them into one document or use a file sharing service.

5. Do I need to include an attachment with my question?

Attachments are not always necessary, but they can provide additional context or information that may be helpful in answering your question. If you have a relevant attachment, it's always a good idea to include it, but it is not required.