Where is magnetic field strongest in a solenoid?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 14K views
Googl
Messages
111
Reaction score
1
Where is magnetic field strongest in a solenoid?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What do you know about solenoids and what have you done so far?
 
I have been an experiment of my own and have collected some data.

When a current is produced in a coil it produces an electromagnetic field at the center of the coil parallel to it's length.

The data I corrected shows that the magnetic field is strongest at the center of the solenoid is that right? but the difference is really not great.

Suppose I was supposed to identify the electric field and the electric potential where would I assume that?
 
The magnetic field inside the solenoid is pretty much constant on the inside. You could use amperes law to find it.
 
How would you connect electric field with a solenoid experiment?
 
Googl said:
How would you connect electric field with a solenoid experiment?

I am not sure what you're asking for but you would have an electric field inside the solenoid only while the magnetic field is changing.
 
Tide said:
I am not sure what you're asking for but you would have an electric field inside the solenoid only while the magnetic field is changing.

But how is that possible, I thoughtn electric field is by per charge? Where exactly will the electric field be inside a solenoid?
 
atleast maxwell's equation tells that a cause for an electric field is either a charge or a changing magnetic field.
curl E=-(dB)/(dt);