Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which Field of Research should be chosen in Mechanical Engineering

1. Oct 10, 2011 #1
    Dear Fellows

I am just going to start my PhD in Mechanical Engineering. Can you people suggest me, which area should I choose? That will be interesting and challenging...

Any Suggestions PLEASE....

Saqib.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2011 #2

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I might suggest that you made a mistake starting a PhD without an interest in any particular research area.

4. Oct 10, 2011 #3
    my brother, i have mathematical background, i have a very strong interest... and i think i can do it.... I just want to get an idea of the market... finally i will choose mine... just suggestion.

5. Oct 10, 2011 #4

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That isn't all you need for a PhD in engineering. You need to have a passion for your field. If you don't have any idea which research branch fascinates you, then you shouldn't be getting a PhD at this time.

So the question you should be asking is which branch of research do you find most fascinating?

6. Oct 11, 2011 #5
    yes this is what i mean...

7. Oct 11, 2011 #6

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well we can't answer that for you. Only you know what you consider fascinating.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook