Which is the airfoil having highest lift to drag ratio?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 17K views
sr241
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
I working on a new airfoil design. Please tell me the airfoil having highest lift to drag ratio, I need it for comparison.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You realize there are hundreds and hundreds of airfoil designs, right?

I doubt anyone knows that off the top of their head, and you can research it as easily as any of us.
 
if you could tell me at least which series then it will be very helpful
 
where can i get coordinate files of wings of sail planes or coordinate files of laminar flow wings. please tell me the names of these wings
 
There occurs various hybrid wings; however currently the most researched is Morphing Wings
 
sr241 said:
I working on a new airfoil design. Please tell me the airfoil having highest lift to drag ratio, I need it for comparison.

Search NACA aerofoils one of them is NACA 64A309 Hydrofoils,try analysing different NACA aerofoils in XFLR5 software, its free easy to use..
 
Last edited:
high lift airfoils that are commonly used in aerodesign competition is the Selig 1223 and Epler 423, due to the great lift to drag ratio...
 
Good luck controlling a blended wing body design though. You need sophisticated, computerized control systems to successfully keep such designs airborne and stable.
 
OP, research the airfoils used by high performance gliders...
 
boneh3ad said:
Good luck controlling a blended wing body design though. You need sophisticated, computerized control systems to successfully keep such designs airborne and stable.


you got that right:)