Which length has to be taken to compute magnetic resistance?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Marvin94
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
In general I read that:

[itex]R_m =\frac{l}{\mu A}[/itex]

But considering for example the following transformer:

IMG_20150812_120636.jpg


I don't understand why the lengths taken from the sketch by the solution's procedure are the following:

For the right and left part resistance:
[itex]R_r = R_l = \frac{(\frac{1}{2} + \frac{1}{2} + 1 ) l}{\mu A} = \frac{2 l}{\mu A}[/itex]

For the middle part resistance:
[itex]R_m = \frac{l}{\mu A}[/itex]

So my question in general is: how should I measure the "l" in the general formula?
 
Attachments
  • IMG_20150812_120636.jpg
    IMG_20150812_120636.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 525
Engineering news on Phys.org
Marvin94 said:
how should I measure the "l" in the general formula?
Place two nodes at the top/bottom of the middle part. Call them A and B.
The length of the path from A to B through the left and right part = 2 * l
Through the middle part the length = l
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Marvin94