Which object has more inertia and why? The one that has more mass or

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Osviux
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Inertia Mass
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 5K views
Osviux
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Which object has more inertia and why? The one that has more mass or less mass? I am asking this because I am not sure about this, but if I had to guess I'd say that the object with more mass has more inertia because its affected less by other objects than the object with less mass, well that's mine opinion so please correct me if I am wrong.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org


So the bigger the mass the bigger inertia is? Does that mean that i am right?
 


Osviux said:
So the bigger the mass the bigger inertia is? Does that mean that i am right?

If you were to say "more" mass, you would be correct.
 


However, be aware that inertia is a phenomenon that is NOT understood with respect to it's foundation.
That is: We fully understand it's effects, but not the cause.

Perhaps the experiments at LHC and other facilities can help.