Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which one is better

1. Apr 13, 2005 #1
    I am thinking of buying either nVidia XFX Geforce FX 5700 LE 256 MB or
    ASUS A9550 GE 128 MB graphics card?

Which one is better for say a game like MS Flight Simulator '04 or say watching something live on the Internet?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2005 #2
    I would suggest not to buy either of them. Look, they are both quite old graphic cards and if you want a good card for gaming, and I mean serious gaming including new games like Half-Life 2 and Doom3 , then you will propably not be satisfied. Actually after a few months you will propably start having some problems with new games. Of course they are quite cheap so it also depends on how much you want to spend. Anyway I would suggest GeForce6600GT if you want a really good and new card, or ATI 9800XT or even ATI 9600XT.
    You could also check some internet reviews of these cards and find which one really suites you . One important notice: if your PC is really old then even if you buy the best card, it won't have really good performance. Check it out before you decide.
  4. Apr 14, 2005 #3
    Something I forgot: I would avoid limited editions, and generally "cut" editions of cards if I were you. Sometimes, they have much lower performance than the uncut ones
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?