Universe vs Quantum Universe: Which Would You Rather See?

• Thread starter crazylum
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a hypothetical question of which perspective one would prefer to see from a God's Eye view - the entire universe or the quantum universe. The conversation also touches on the limitations of real world reasoning and the potential conflict between logic and imagination in answering such a question.
crazylum
Which would you rather see??

If, by some power, you could experience one of the following from a God's Eye perspective, which would you choose and why?

Would you rather see the entire Universe, all known, theorized, and unknown,

OR

Would you prefer to see the quantum universe, with the same qualifications?

Physics news on Phys.org

Another interesting question: what would such a thing be worth to you?

I don't understand the two choices. Wouldn't the "entire Universe" include the "quantum universe" (whatever that means)?

What I mean in regards to the seeing the Universe, is the Universe on a Universal scale. That is to say such things as galaxies and galactic clusters. To even see the shape and curvature of the Universe. As opposed the the quantum world and it's extra dimensions and energy fields.

Is the assumption then, that this God, is not omnipresent?

abstrakt! said:
Is the assumption then, that this God, is not omnipresent?

Wow. Some people are really overthinking this. This is a simple "what if" question. A "God's Eye Perspective" or "God's Eye View" is just a literary device to indicate something that one could not possibly know or experience in the real world. Don't apply real world reasoning, it fails in regards to these questions. Just use your imagination. I really don't know what else to say. I was hoping for some imaginative feed back but it looks like the heavy boot of logic is on too many throats.

crazylum said:
Just use your imagination. I really don't know what else to say. I was hoping for some imaginative feed back but it looks like the heavy boot of logic is on too many throats.
So you'd rather we reply with illogical answers?

Hootenanny said:
So you'd rather we reply with illogical answers?

Just imaginative ones.

crazylum said:
[...] it looks like the heavy boot of logic is on too many throats.

This is a forum full of scientists... what do you expect? :biggrin:

not implying that scientists don't have any imagination though, quite the opposite...

Sorry, this thread does not qualify for posting in this forum.

1. "Which would you rather see: a supernova or a black hole?"

It really depends on your personal interests, but both are fascinating and rare astronomical events. A supernova is a massive explosion that occurs when a star runs out of fuel and collapses, while a black hole is a region of space with a gravitational pull so strong that nothing, not even light, can escape.

2. "What are the differences between seeing a comet and seeing a meteor shower?"

Comets are objects made of ice and dust that orbit the sun, while meteor showers are caused by Earth passing through debris left behind by comets or asteroids. Comets are visible for longer periods of time and can be seen with the naked eye, while meteor showers are brief and tend to peak on specific dates.

3. "Which is more exciting to see: a solar eclipse or a lunar eclipse?"

Again, this is a matter of personal preference, but both types of eclipses are rare and spectacular events. A solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the sun and Earth, blocking out the sun's light, while a lunar eclipse happens when the moon moves into Earth's shadow. Solar eclipses are more visually striking, but lunar eclipses can be seen for longer periods of time.

4. "What are the best conditions for seeing the Northern Lights?"

The Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis, are a natural light display caused by solar wind particles interacting with Earth's atmosphere. The best conditions for seeing the Northern Lights include clear skies, low light pollution, and being in a location closer to the Earth's poles. It's also important to check the weather and activity forecasts beforehand.

5. "How can I safely view a solar eclipse?"

It is crucial to take precautions when viewing a solar eclipse to protect your eyes. The safest way to view a solar eclipse is to use special eclipse glasses or handheld solar viewers that meet international safety standards. You can also create a pinhole projector or use an indirect viewing method, such as projecting the image of the eclipse onto a surface. Never look directly at the sun without proper eye protection.