Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who is your favorite SciFi character?

1. Sep 28, 2013 #1
    Who is your favorite SciFi character? Personally I can't pick one! I have to pick three! :D

Spock (Star Trek)
    WALL-E (WALL-E)
    Nightcrawler (X-Men)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2013 #2

Ibix

Science Advisor

Must be the re-mastered Star Wars. :wink:

Like you, I have trouble identifying a single stand-out.

Spock's an old favourite of mine, too. Somewhat to my surprise, Worf grew on me throughout his run on Deep Space Nine - there were signs of intelligence showing through the layers of "Worf Smash!" and honourable idiocy.

G'Kar from Babylon 5 gets some awesome moments - "...we will be free" and his reaction to his literalist follower.

The Seventh Doctor in the New Adventures series of books is also superb. His opponents have usually lost by the end of the first page (plus or minus ten) - it just takes everyone except the Doctor the rest of the book to figure that out.

I could probably go on...

4. Sep 28, 2013 #3

turbo

Gold Member

If we have to pick from TV stuff, I would have to go with G'Kar. "Nobody here is what he seems." Very apt.

5. Sep 28, 2013 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Hmm. Which color lightsabre did Spock have again?

6. Sep 28, 2013 #5
    oooh no! what have I done! a cardinal scifi sin! :redface: :biggrin:

7. Sep 29, 2013 #6

Bandersnatch

Science Advisor

My two most favouritest characters ever are little Annie Skywalker and Jar-Jar B... *dies of brain aneurysm*

8. Oct 3, 2013 #7
    7 of 9 and T'pol

Spock and Tuvok

9. Oct 8, 2013 #8

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

"Little Annie Skywalker" took me a moment to work out! My poor perverted mind went to "Little Annie Fanny" from "Playboy".

(Has any one calculated the the age difference between Anakin and Amidala? She's at least ten years older than he is.)

10. Oct 8, 2013 #9
    My favorite Sci Fi character is Futarama's Bender!

11. Oct 8, 2013 #10
    Micromégas (from a story of the same name by Voltaire) and Frankenstein's monster(from The Modern Prometheus by Mary Shelley).
    I really am out of touch with modern literature*...

12. Oct 8, 2013 #11

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Robbie the Robot from the movies: Forbidden Planet and the Invisible Boy

Robert the Robot from the TV show Fireball XL-5

Atom from the movie Real Steel

13. Oct 19, 2013 #12

meBigGuy

Gold Member

Stanley from Lexx? Not sure why, but I enjoyed him and love plugging Lexx
    The Fifth Element - too cute to ignore
    The 9th doctor
    Sponge Bob (joking)

BTW, Geoff the gay robot skeleton says Robbie the Robot is a douche.

14. Dec 9, 2013 #13
    I have a few. I'm a massive Star Trek fan, and McCoy has always been a favorite of mine. I love the interaction between him and Spock in TOS. I've also been an avid Star Wars fan since I was a toddler, so I have to include Boba Fett and Kit Fisto. Lastly, I have been playing Warhammer 40k for some time now, and I love Pedro Kantor, chapter master of the Crimson Fists. Oh yeah, and I'm fan of Matt Smith as the eleventh doctor. I had to edit this because I forgot about Dr. McKay from Stargate Atlantis.

15. Dec 9, 2013 #14
    G'kar, his transition from the 1st to 5th season of B5 is increadible. You start off hating him but as he grows as a character end up just loving him.

Ahhh but what is god and what is truth?
    Truth is a river...
    and god?
    God is the mouth of the river!

lol

16. Dec 9, 2013 #15

Ibix

Science Advisor

Look closely... closer... closer...
    *Slam*

I have a feeling that JMS doesn't like religious literalists.

17. Dec 9, 2013 #16
    Kirth Gersen, from Demon Princes by Jack Vance.

Because poison-master protagonists are rare.

18. Dec 11, 2013 #17
    Hari Seldon. HE CAN SEE THE FUTURE USING MATH. YES, HE DOES SO THROUGH STATISTICAL ANALYSIS APPLIED TO LARGE POPULATIONS, BUT HE CAN STILL PREDICT WHAT THE GROUP WILL DO TO A SINGLE PERSON. HE IS AWESOME.

19. Dec 11, 2013 #18
    Malcolm Reynolds

20. Dec 12, 2013 #19

strangerep

Science Advisor

Really? Firefly?? Oh well, each to his own I guess. :biggrin:

I thought much the Firefly's cast were severely mis-cast. I can't stand Gina Torres in anything.
    Alan Tudyk was crap as "Wash". And... Jewel Staite as a girl engineer(!?) who... can't get date?????? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

21. Dec 12, 2013 #20
    You may very well be the first person I've ever met/seen who doesn't like Firefly. Though I will say Jewel Staite is a pretty bad actor.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook