jhae2.718
Gold Member
- 1,184
- 20
Yes, #38. What browser/platform are you on?
jhae2.718 said:I see LaTeX fine on iOS 4.3. Posted from my iPad.
\phi(x)=\left\langle\frac{z}{\|z\|^2},x\right\rangle
Fredrik said:I'm using Firefox 4.0.1 on Windows 7 SP1.
This is a post I wrote some time ago that contains a lot of math. I'm having similar problems with that. Another weird thing is that that link should automatically scroll to post #13, but for some reason that doesn't quite work.
cepheid said:Hmm, yes, but are you looking at the full or the mobile version of the site? I'm looking at the mobile version. I think my iOS version is 4.2.1, and I'm running it on an iPhone 3G.
Fredrik said:I'm using Firefox 4.0.1 on Windows 7 SP1.
Fredrik said:[tex]\phi(x)=\left \langle \frac{z}{\|z\|^2}, x \right \rangle[/tex] (jhae2.718: I've modified the TeX markup to the left)
Code:\phi(x)=\left\langle\frac{z}{\|z\|^2},x\right\rangle
micromass said:I'm having similar problems in Frederik's posts. I'm also using firefox, by the way...
jhae2.718 said:Try installing the STIX fonts locally. I'll bet that both Greg and I have those, which is why we don't have problems.
jhae2.718 said:While correlation [itex]\not =[/itex] causation, I stopped having those problems after I installed the fonts. It's possible that there is some problem with the way FF4 treats the fontdata.js or the fonts when loaded from the server.
Let me try with FF4 in my W7 VM (which doesn't have the STIX fonts) and get back to you.
cepheid said:Right, so I mean, that's exactly what I was reporting in the first place: that it doesn't work on the mobile version of the site.
cepheid said:Right, so I mean, that's exactly what I was reporting in the first place: that it doesn't work on the mobile version of the site.
Greg Bernhardt said:I'm using Chrome 12 and all the math on that page appears to render fine. I'll test with FF 4.0.1
Maybe I didn't make it clear enough that everything looks fine until I move my mouse pointer over a math expression.Greg Bernhardt said:hmm using Win7 FF 4.0.1 fred's post looks fine except for the one equation he mentioned
Fredrik said:Maybe I didn't make it clear enough that everything looks fine until I move my mouse pointer over a math expression.
George Jones said:I just printed the thread
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=491078&highlight=speed,
and every "+", "-", "=", and integral sign (and possible other stuff) is missing
Greg Bernhardt said:printed to a physical piece of paper?
Greg Bernhardt said:do they display fine in the thread?
Fredrik said:By the way, the math looks much better in IE than in FF. I'd say that in IE, it looks the way I want it to look, while in FF it's too small, and there are weird spaces inserted in simple expressions like [itex]\|\phi\|=\|x_0\|[/itex].
micromass said:I just saw this point https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=3309596#post3309596 and it's quite difficult to read because each equation starts on a new line.
Greg Bernhardt said:because the user didn't use itex
micromass said:So you always need to use itex from now on? Before, just using tex didn't give you a new line...
micromass said:So you always need to use itex from now on? Before, just using tex didn't give you a new line...
Greg Bernhardt said:hmmm then what was the function of itex when using images?