Why do girls think everyone wants them all the time?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary: I thought until I started observing people here. There are a lot of people out there that are caught up in this "game" and it's not a good thing. It's just a matter of time before somebody gets hurt.this is just too funny, women (and I am sure men too) have better things to do than scheme and plot to "net"...or at least that is what I thought until I started observing people here. There are a lot of people out there that are caught up in this "game" and it's not a good thing. It's just a matter of time before somebody gets hurt.
mcknia07 said:
Ok, not ever single guy, but a nice good majority.

So you thoroughly know billions of people?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think we can all agree that I'm an expert in this topic and here is the final, definitive answer: Boys do think about sex more than girls, HOWEVER, girls think about sex a lot more than they admit and the gap between the sexes isn't that great. Here is the reason why so many girls think guys are sex perverts. Boys and girls think about sex in a different way. While a boy might say something he thinks is playful or flirtatious a lot of the time the person he says it to thinks it is rude and disgusting. Most boys can't empathize with the girls and don't make the effort to understand how their remarks are being received. Most girls can't empathize with the boys and don't make the effort to understand how these remarks were intended.

tribdog said:
was it me?

If it wasn't give me a couple of minutes
Nope, wasn't you.

you did read the favorite avatar thread though right? I mean that one came pretty close didn't it? Maybe I was too subtle. I could come right out and say I'd really enjoy nibbling on your neck for a little while.

tribdog said:
you did read the favorite avatar thread though right? I mean that one came pretty close didn't it? Maybe I was too subtle. I could come right out and say I'd really enjoy nibbling on your neck for a little while.

:rofl:

an example,
I am (aside from the driver) the only person on the bus, two guys get on and one of them takes the seat right next to me and shimmies in real close. My first instinct is to fart really loud, but I suppress the desire and wait to see what happens. The guy has this big grin on his face and his friend acts oblivious but we all know he's not. No one says anything. I slide a seat over in attempt to get some space, and the guy just slides right next to me again. I turn to him and say "do you mind?" and he laughs out loud and asks "mind what?" Now this just ticked me off. Not only is he blatantly harassing me, but he's also implying that I am stupid by laughing about it as though I have no clue what he's on about. I dumped my tea on him on my way off the bus, but I know he still didnt get the message. Guys like that make girls think that guys are after them.

I'm not saying it was okay for the guy to do that, it was obviously going too far. But try to realize that if some girl did the same thing to him that he did to you he would be flattered beyond belief. What would be the ultimate compliment to him was harassment to you.

tribdog said:
I'm not saying it was okay for the guy to do that, it was obviously going too far. But try to realize that if some girl did the same thing to him that he did to you he would be flattered beyond belief. What would be the ultimate compliment to him was harassment to you.

I understand that. In fact, had he struck up a conversation or something I would not have been offended. Guys think and behave differently from girls and as a result certain opinions may be formed, even if they are not correct

Its times like this that make me glad I was born with both male and female genitalia. It gives me a better perspective than others.

tribdog said:
Its times like this that make me glad I was born with both male and female genitalia. It gives me a better perspective than others.

well if you had both the necessary bits you wouldn't need anyone else at all, so you wouldn't be wanting anyone

fileen said:
well if you had both the necessary bits you wouldn't need anyone else at all, so you wouldn't be wanting anyone

You would think that, but no matter how I thrust my hips nothing happens. When one moves forward the other retreats. Imagine touching your right elbow with your right hand and you'll understand

tribdog said:
You would think that, but no matter how I thrust my hips nothing happens. When one moves forward the other retreats. Imagine touching your right elbow with your right hand and you'll understand

Poor tribdog! He suffers like Sisyphus.

fileen said:

Shhhhhh, this gets a bit delicate: Tribdog can't even get a date with himself.

No one noticed that I'm a woman. :grumpy:

baywax said:
No one noticed that I'm a woman. :grumpy:

Told you so Moonbear, you owe me a dollar. Moonbear thought you were gay.

tribdog has been taking her nasty pills, I see. tribdog left Barr bodies all over the floor last week, and never picked them up.

tribdog said:
Told you so Moonbear, you owe me a dollar. Moonbear thought you were gay.

Well... I am extremely happy.:rofl:

Actually, I'm a hetrodude like my avitar and I'm aspiring to be a lesbian. But, even though I have most of the prerequisites (a love of women), they won't let me in the club. :tongue2:

Last edited:
LightbulbSun said:
So you thoroughly know billions of people?

Well, no...

Hurkyl said:
I have pretended to be a girl (and embarassingly, have been rather popular in the role), and my experiences do not coincide with yours. While it's possible that I am just really, really dense, I find it more likely that one of the following is the culprit:
(1) You attract/seek out that kind of person
(2) You are reading too much into peoples' actions
(3) You elicit such attitudes from others
(4) Selective recall (could be on my end or your end)
(5) Statistical variance

Let's not forget that usually you're the one telling me I'm turning chat naughty. :biggrin: :devil: I think and talk about sex all day long! Okay, not quite as much as when it was my full time research job, but since I'm giving the repro lectures in anatomy now, yep, I'm talking about sex to a lot of people. :biggrin:

I think men and women think about sex just as much, the only difference is men only talk about it with other men unless they have a specific female partner to discuss it with, while women talk to anyone about it.

Moonbear said:
I think men and women think about sex just as much, the only difference is men only talk about it with other men unless they have a specific female partner to discuss it with, while women talk to anyone about it.

By sex do you mean gender or the act?

I think women are wanted because the media has been using the image of women as a dangling carrot for products, in the west, for the past 90 years. This has led to the elevated status of women as being desirable. The middle class and lower class men, for the most part, are expendable and usually sent to war to be slaughtered, leaving less competition for the remaining elite male to pursue the coveted women. Too bad. I say too bad because the elite male is either going to be a really lousy lover or gay or both or bi or completely disinterested in the long run.

Last edited:
Moonbear is so wise. :smile:

I don't discuss sex with anyone except the person involved. I don't wish to share personal experiences with people and I am not interested in what others have to say about their sex life either.

Evo said:
I don't discuss sex with anyone except the person involved. I don't wish to share personal experiences with people and I am not interested in what others have to say about their sex life either.

YAY someone with some self respect! I am with you all the way!

Evo said:
I don't discuss sex with anyone except the person involved.

Intimacy rocks. Oops... that's a personal preference... sorry... don't read that as a discussion about sex please.

I think another reason for the elevated status of women in the eyes of many men is the fact that their mommy was a woman. Generally that's a good thing. In rare cases mommy drove them into a lake and tried to drown them.

Last edited:
Evo said:

I'm with you on this Evo. I guess I'm old fashioned...I'm shocked at some of the intimate things some will share with people they hardly know!

lisab said:
I'm with you on this Evo. I guess I'm old fashioned...I'm shocked at some of the intimate things some will share with people they hardly know!

I grew up without television and I never went to school. Sheltered yes but I am so glad my parents made that decision because I learned everything from them and took their values with me. Sex was described to me as a beautiful and sacred thing that two people share that is private and intimate. I've heard of 10 year olds giving BJ's on the school yard. Ones virginity is often given away without thought, and multiple partners seems to be the norm. If women are sexualized its their own fault because they let it happen. I am not suggesting its ok, but when you dress such that there's no question what youd look like without your clothes on, and sleep with anyone who looks sideways at you, you have to expect it. No one is going to respect you if you don't respect yourself

It seems lots of people confuse biological imperative with false romantic conceit.

It is odd that we can all feel ok discussing the intimate pleasures of eating chocolate yet many will freeze up when the discussion turns to activities like sex. How many times have you heard someone say how they have to pee so bad they're going to burst? Rarely does a woman or man declare his or her urge to engage in sexual intimacy. Both peeing and sexual activity are intimate functions of a body yet only one, regarding excrement, is deemed worthy of sharing with other people. How odd.

baywax said:
It is odd that we can all feel ok discussing the intimate pleasures of eating chocolate yet many will freeze up when the discussion turns to activities like sex. How many times have you heard someone say how they have to pee so bad they're going to burst? Rarely does a woman or man declare his or her urge to engage in sexual intimacy. Both peeing and sexual activity are intimate functions of a body yet only one, regarding excrement, is deemed worthy of sharing with other people. How odd.
Peeing is something I have to do, and usually have to do it in stalls next to someone doing the same thing. I don't describe it to other people, and there is not another person involved in me doing it. I don't discuss something I do intimately with my "partner" with other people, it's also out of their right to privacy as well.

Evo said:
Peeing is something I have to do, and usually have to do it in stalls next to someone doing the same thing. I don't describe it to other people, and there is not another person involved in me doing it. I don't discuss something I do intimately with my "partner" with other people, it's also out of their right to privacy as well.

I only hope all Americans share your ideals about privacy rights. Canada was big on that until one of Bush's lap dogs became Prime Minister. CCTV cameras are sprouting up everywhere. Even washrooms.

Evo said:

And the irony is, you just talked about it. I'm not talking about people sharing intimate details, but just talking about sex in general.

Actually, the best indicator I've ever found for knowing when a guy is in a really good relationship with someone he loves is he doesn't talk about sex anymore. When it means something, they keep their thoughts quiet.

Yeah, I don't talk or brag about my sex life. I think the videos speak for themselves.

Moonbear said:
Actually, the best indicator I've ever found for knowing when a guy is in a really good relationship with someone he loves is he doesn't talk about sex anymore. When it means something, they keep their thoughts quiet.

Or they've gone for so long they've forgotten about it.

Kurdt said:

Forgotten about what?:redface:

baywax said:
Forgotten about what?:redface:

I can't remember :confused:

Kurdt said:

:rofl: