Why do my sprites turn into black squares after I show an AdMob video?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darkmisc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Video
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 2K views
Darkmisc
Messages
222
Reaction score
31
TL;DR
I've made a game in Godot that works fine. However, after I play an AdMob video, all the sprites become black squares.
Hi everyone

I've made a game in Godot and added AdMob ads to it using the Shin-Nil plugins.

The game works fine when I run banner ads. However, after I play a rewarded video, all my sprites turn into black squares.

I've tried the following suggestions from ChatGPT and none of them work.

  1. Change the graphics backend. Go to Project > Project Settings > Rendering > Quality > Driver and try changing the graphics backend to a different one, such as GLES3 or Vulkan.
  2. Change the rendering mode. Go to Project > Project Settings > Rendering > Quality > Rendering > Mode and try changing the rendering mode to a different one, such as Spatial or 2D.
  3. Disable VSync. Go to Project > Project Settings > Rendering > Quality > VSync and disable VSync.
  4. Check your project settings. Go to Project > Project Settings > Rendering > Quality > Texture > Flags and make sure that the Filter and Mipmaps options are enabled.

Does anyone know why the videos are causing my sprites to turn into black squares?Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I would search with google. It’s well known that ChatGPT solutions are totally believable but highly unreliable. When they fail then you must search to find your answer.

the only thing I can think of is something reinitialized your sprite data to be all zeros or something changed the sprite pointer to another area of memory. Since you mentioned using a plug-in you should look for what side effects others have experienced with it in the past.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: phinds and Darkmisc