Why does water boil faster in high region than low region?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter threy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Boil Water
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
threy
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Why does water boil faster in high region than low region?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
How does air pressure vary from high to low?
 
jackwhirl said:
I'm somewhat new here, so please forgive my presumption. Isn't the leap from "ideal gas law" to "vapor pressure" rather significant? Given the link you provided, is it wrong of me to point it out?

First, this is a friendly place and it is never wrong of you to point out something that you see as a mistake and second, yes you have a good point. I was mostly trying to get the OP to do some research on his own, which is something we promote here (thus the link that I provided).

Thanks for your post.