Women's Perspectives on Life Decisions

• Thread starter honestrosewater
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, the men's party is not worth attending, as there is nothing of interest for men there. The women should have their own party where they can drink and flirt.
lol at my age, things are settled pretty much where they will remain. But maybe it should be on my lower back so that when I'm 90 it will of sagged to by bottom?

Physics news on Phys.org
There is one that gives you even more prospective then giving birth to your own children. Watching your first grandchild being born.

I love the color of that butterfly.

I've thought of getting a small tattoo just reading Remember me. Somewhere inconspicuous, on my back, shoulders, neck, or foot. The placement would need to fit with the meaning.

Kerrie said:
what's this about tatoos and child bearing?

I AM PREGNANT AND I HAVE 2 TATOOS!

How's THAT for perspective! :-p
(I was just commenting on certain activities being discouraged during pregnancy. You're not supposed to have your hair colored, for example. The dyes that are used can theoretically get into your system and that's not good for a gestating fetus.)

See, this is what happens every time the women get together for a party. The topic of discussion always gets stuck on pregnancy and childbirth and children and grandchildren! Gaahhhh! I'm going back over to the guy's party, and I'm taking the nachos and chili with me.

NO! NO!

Come on, Moonbear. They're all blotto over there by now anyway. Find someone that's passed out, bring him back, and we'll give him a makeover. That'll be fun. I'll plug in the curlers.

pattylou said:
NO! NO!

Come on, Moonbear. They're all blotto over there by now anyway. Find someone that's passed out, bring him back, and we'll give him a makeover. That'll be fun. I'll plug in the curlers.

See chaps i told you women are EVIL, that's the reason they have dollies, they
practice torture on them.

Kerrie said:

(and a very late) Congratulations!!

honestrosewater said:
To go with your beer, I brought you guys an assortment of nuts as a truce offering; I figured you were running a bit short on them here.

I stole some afgans and cucumber and watercress sandwiches with the crusts cut off from artman's house, I thought you girls could use them over here. Now Artman...we've got to talk...

DocToxyn said:
I stole some afgans and cucumber and watercress sandwiches with the crusts cut off from artman's house, I thought you girls could use them over here. Now Artman...we've got to talk...

Uh oh! If I washn't sho druck fro eeenshmiff'sh beersh, you'd be in biiiiiiig tubble. :-p :devil:

*sneaks in and hides a wireless camera and transmitter in here*

Wow, for claiming to understand so little about each other, men and women sure know how to push each other's buttons.

Moonbear said:
Uh oh! If I washn't sho druck fro eeenshmiff'sh beersh, you'd be in biiiiiiig tubble. :-p :devil:

Oh, I bet I'd be in plenty of trouble being around you when you're drunk. :-p :bugeye: :biggrin:

Kerrie said:

Sincerest congratulations. TWO tattoos?!? Wow, that's impressive. Oh yeah... congrats for the bun in the oven too.

DocToxyn said:
I stole some afgans and cucumber and watercress sandwiches
Afgans? You eat dog sandwiches?

honestrosewater said:
Wow, for claiming to understand so little about each other, men and women sure know how to push each other's buttons.

Now it is strange you saying that, i have a diploma in button pushing.
the womens buttons are the big red ones marked danger with a big
question mark, oh what the hell let's see what happens. :biggrin:

pattylou said:
(I was just commenting on certain activities being discouraged during pregnancy. You're not supposed to have your hair colored, for example. The dyes that are used can theoretically get into your system and that's not good for a gestating fetus.)

says who? I've had my hair highlighted while being pregnant, from what i have read, it's perfectly fine...perhaps 25 years ago when hair dye was first out on the market it might have been dangerous...

See, this is what happens every time the women get together for a party. The topic of discussion always gets stuck on pregnancy and childbirth and children and grandchildren! Gaahhhh! I'm going back over to the guy's party, and I'm taking the nachos and chili with me.

not necessarily :-p i can talk about anything with anyone...childbirth just so happens to be one subject that all women can relate too.

Kerrie said:
says who? I've had my hair highlighted while being pregnant, from what i have read, it's perfectly fine...perhaps 25 years ago when hair dye was first out on the market it might have been dangerous...

Ummm... well, we buried our first baby in the mid-nineties (she had transposition of the great arteries) so I read the birth defect literature pretty heavily at that point. Dyes are probably worse than hair lighteners, since some dyes have cyclic ring structures that can intercalate into DNA. This can cause mutations.

I am sure anyone of us recognize the health of a developing baby is more important than our own vanity. If you really want the laundry list of chemicals that have been linked to birth defects, I'm sure it's available on the web - Maybe March of Dimes has such a resource.

Sorry to be a downer.

(It's ok for everyone to keep being silly, though. Really. Carry on.)

honestrosewater said:
I was tempted to crash the men only party early on, but they seem to have a nice dynamic going. So I think the women should have a party of their own. :smile:
Just to get things going, I've been thinking lately about if, when, and why I might have children. Or, I've also been thinking about if, when, and why I might get a tattoo- and of what. I'd appreciate other women's perspectives on either or other issues. :smile:
Men and party without women? :bugeye: Are you kidding? :smile: It could be like a funeral or even worse! :rolleyes: I bet they're all thinking about how they can invite some women to their party!But of course the best idea was wolram's!You know he thought he could attract all women around here to the party when he didn't invite them! :biggrin: Well maybe he believes "Woman is man's shadow!" (what happen when you try to follow your shadow and what happens when you escape from your shadow? :rolleyes: )Get it or not,I can't clarify! :blushing: )

My woman wanted a new car, something fast. She said she wanted something that would go from 0-60 in like 10 seconds. I gave her better! Something that goes from 0-150 in about 3 seconds. A weight scale.

pattylou said:
(It's ok for everyone to keep being silly, though. Really. Carry on.)
:smile: I was trying to find the right words. I'm just very sorry. Just considering the possibility of losing my child breaks me up. I can't imagine actually experiencing it. Your good example helps a lot. :smile:

Lisa! said:
Men and party without women? :bugeye: Are you kidding? :smile: It could be like a funeral or even worse! :rolleyes: I bet they're all thinking about how they can invite some women to their party!But of course the best idea was wolram's!You know he thought he could attract all women around here to the party when he didn't invite them! :biggrin: Well maybe he believes "Woman is man's shadow!" (what happen when you try to follow your shadow and what happens when you escape from your shadow? :rolleyes: )Get it or not,I can't clarify! :blushing: )
Yeah, they just couldn't stay away, could they?

mapper said:
My woman wanted a new car, something fast. She said she wanted something that would go from 0-60 in like 10 seconds. I gave her better! Something that goes from 0-150 in about 3 seconds. A weight scale.
Did you really mean to post this in the women only thread?

ops,thought this was the mens thread. Multi threads open in firefox. :)

Its funny anyways. haha woman...

Lisa! said:

You are right Lisa, but we have to have a few beers before we invite the
ladies round, "dutch courage", don't you know.
Not sure about that shadow stuff, if you mean you need a mans protection
well just chirp up and say what you want, I am sure some gallant chap will
volunteer.

wolram said:
You are right Lisa, but we have to have a few beers before we invite the
ladies round, "dutch courage", don't you know.
I'm not going to your party anyaway! :rolleyes:

Not sure about that shadow stuff, if you mean you need a mans protection
well just chirp up and say what you want, I am sure some gallant chap will
volunteer.
:bugeye: :bugeye: I meant some of men think women would like them more, if they weren't so nice to them!I mean they think women prefer men who don't care about them!

Well its your choice Lisa, you would only break some chaps heart if you came
so its best you stay away.

As for men not caring for women thing, utter nonsense, from the male
view point, i don't know about you females though, you seem to have
a different way of thinking :biggrin:

wolram said:
Well its your choice Lisa, you would only break some chaps heart if you came
so its best you stay away.
Agree with you! o:)

As for men not caring for women thing, utter nonsense, from the male
view point, i don't know about you females though, you seem to have
a different way of thinking :biggrin:
You need some help! :wink:

oops, thought it was "woah, men only."

Jeez! How long has this party been going on? You could have called me!

What the hell are all the men doing in here? I've had a rough day. :mad: Someone get me a beer. And a midol. And some donuts.

i have a fake ID, i'll get you one from the tiki bar.

here.

yourdadonapogostick said:
i have a fake ID, i'll get you one from the tiki bar.

here.
Cheers, mate! :smile:

see and you gals are always saying men are no good for anything.

I cannot decide what's worse, a sausage fest or a clam fest.

Last edited:
Is this even legal? I don't think this falls under freedom of association. I think this thread should be disbanded because it is unconstitutional!

Townsend (thinks he's funny)

Math Is Hard said:
Cheers, mate! :smile:

see and you gals are always saying men are no good for anything.
He's young still. He doesn't know the finer points of male/female relations yet. :-p

So I haven't been over to the guys party yet. Is it really a drag over there?

Back