Word for one-to-one correspondence between ideals and modules of an algebra

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Monocles
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Algebra Modules
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Monocles
Messages
463
Reaction score
2
I do not know if this is a common/standard construction, so here is my motivation for this question. From http://arxiv.org/abs/1002.1709" page 29:

Generally speaking, an ideal of an algebra defines a module. To see this, consider a vector [itex]|\mathcal{I} \rangle[/itex] which is annihilated by all elements of the ideal [itex]\mathcal{I}[/itex]. From [itex]|\mathcal{I}\rangle[/itex], we can generate a finite-dimensional representation of the algebra [itex]A[/itex] by acting with elements of [itex]A[/itex] on it. However, the converse is not always true. Fortunately, when modules are [itex]\hat{\theta}[/itex]-stable and invariant under the [itex]U(1)^2[/itex] symmetry, it was shown in Refs 33, 34 that there is a one-to-one correspondence between ideals and modules.

Is there a word for when there is such a one-to-one correspondence?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
After rereading this today, I think he might just be saying there is a one-to-one correspondence between ideals and theta-stable U(1)^2-invariant A-modules specifically, not ALL A-modules. So this question probably does not have an answer!
 
For a left R-module M, you can identify certain submodules of M that are similar to that of prime ideals in a ring, R. With that definition there exists conditions on the module M which imply that there is a one-to-one correspondence between isomorphism classes of indecomposable M-injective modules and prime M-ideals.

Hope that helps.
Regards,
kdbnlin