Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 459K views
Wordle 1,547 3/6

⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not impressed with my performance lately. It kinda took a dive.

Wordle 1,548 4/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (23).webp

EDIT: Then again maybe don't try to solve them at 4 in the morning, but as I mentioned elsewhere my sleep cycle got whacked out of sync.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and TensorCalculus
Wordle 1,548 3/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› PARSE 21
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› SOUTH 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and TensorCalculus
sbrothy said:
Heh, uncanny. Although you weren't scatterbrained enough to try SARIN. :smile:

EDIT: But NARIS is new to me though!
I was just trying whatever words I could and hoping wordle would accept it :)
It's a new word to me as well...

Wordle 1,548 3/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› SLICE
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ PAINS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 NOISY
 
TensorCalculus said:
I was just trying whatever words I could and hoping wordle would accept it :)
It's a new word to me as well...

Wordle 1,548 3/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› SLICE
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ PAINS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 NOISY
Haha! I’ll admit to using that β€œtactic” sometimes too. :woot:
 
Wordle 1,549 3/6

πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› ANISE 5 left. 2 of which are perfect guesses. Flipped coin and....
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© Drats! 1 left.
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and TensorCalculus
Again it had me stumped. I looked up the alternatives afterwards and there was only one left as far as I could tell. ALOOF.

Wordle 1.549 4/6*

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

179EAB00-8FD9-463F-A699-23523DA08029.webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
sbrothy said:
Haha! I’ll admit to using that β€œtactic” sometimes too. :woot:
I don't think there is a day where I don't use that tactic...

Aaaaaaagh (admittedly there were some pretty dumb guesses but... still...)

Wordle 1,549 5/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

19943.webp
 
I don't even want to talk about it. o0)

Wordle 1,549 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and TensorCalculus
dwarde said:
I don't even want to talk about it. o0)

Wordle 1,549 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
At least it made me feel better! :woot:
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus and edwardII
Wordle 1,550 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬› PALER 32
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ UTILE 2
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ Like yesterday, a bad flip of the coin: 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
Wordle 1,551 4/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ ARISE 83
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ NOBLY 7
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ TWEET 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
Perhaps it's time to start cheating again.....

Wordle 1,551 5/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (24).webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
I think I forgot Wordle yesterday...

Close.

Wordle 1,551 6/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

20124.webp
 
TensorCalculus said:
I think I forgot Wordle yesterday...
If you have a second browser that you don't use to play Wordle, you might try the following method:
1. close all browsers​
2. reset the date on your device to the date you want to play​
3. open your non-Wordle browser​
4. play the game​

In the olden days, this used to work without changing browsers.
I suspect that they at some point installed a cookie that monitors the games we've played, so you have to use a browser not tainted with the latest game number.

I once did an experiment where I altered the time stamp to see how the global numbers changed over a 24 hour period. No problem whatsoever.
Then, about 2 years ago, I tried this sneaky trick, and it totally messed up my statistics @ the NYT.

I just now tried it using my least used browser, and it worked, without messing up my stats.

....

Just went back and tried it again with my alternate browser and the NYT blocked me from continuing.
I closed the browser, opened it back up, cleared all cookies, played the game, and the NYT let me see all of the normally paid for data. (I have a subscription: $300 per year!)
 
  • Wow
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus and edwardII
Wordle 1,552 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› LITER 29
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ© SNIDE 2
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ© ANIME 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I need a new coin......
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus, edwardII and jack action
OmCheeto said:
If you have a second browser that you don't use to play Wordle, you might try the following method:
1. close all browsers​
2. reset the date on your device to the date you want to play​
3. open your non-Wordle browser​
4. play the game​

In the olden days, this used to work without changing browsers.
I suspect that they at some point installed a cookie that monitors the games we've played, so you have to use a browser not tainted with the latest game number.

I once did an experiment where I altered the time stamp to see how the global numbers changed over a 24 hour period. No problem whatsoever.
Then, about 2 years ago, I tried this sneaky trick, and it totally messed up my statistics @ the NYT.

I just now tried it using my least used browser, and it worked, without messing up my stats.

....

Just went back and tried it again with my alternate browser and the NYT blocked me from continuing.
I closed the browser, opened it back up, cleared all cookies, played the game, and the NYT let me see all of the normally paid for data. (I have a subscription: $300 per year!)
I've done this a lot but can't remember which date I changed. The OS probably. I also think there's an official wordle page where you can solve old puzzles.
 
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,552 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› LITER 29
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ© SNIDE 2
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ© ANIME 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I need a new coin......
A friend once learned us how to make a contraption bending a piece of steel in a certain pattern which you could stick into the coin slot and turn as many times as you liked. Free games. Needless to say we became unpopular fast.

EDIT: Of course that kind of thing wont fly anymore.
EDIT2: As for startes there are no arcade machines anymore!
EDIT3: Which reminds me I have the complete arcade ROM collection. It's like 10 DVDs. As each game is around 128kb I have never unpacked more than one.
 
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
OmCheeto said:
If you have a second browser that you don't use to play Wordle, you might try the following method:
1. close all browsers​
2. reset the date on your device to the date you want to play​
3. open your non-Wordle browser​
4. play the game​

In the olden days, this used to work without changing browsers.
I suspect that they at some point installed a cookie that monitors the games we've played, so you have to use a browser not tainted with the latest game number.

I once did an experiment where I altered the time stamp to see how the global numbers changed over a 24 hour period. No problem whatsoever.
Then, about 2 years ago, I tried this sneaky trick, and it totally messed up my statistics @ the NYT.

I just now tried it using my least used browser, and it worked, without messing up my stats.

....

Just went back and tried it again with my alternate browser and the NYT blocked me from continuing.
I closed the browser, opened it back up, cleared all cookies, played the game, and the NYT let me see all of the normally paid for data. (I have a subscription: $300 per year!)
Annoyingly I can't thanks to my phone's parental controls :frown:
Smart though!

I got today's in two :)
Wordle 1,552 2/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›FLUID
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩KNIFE

Slightly unrelatedly I also got today's Spanish wordle in two (I'm CRAMMING as much Spanish practice as I can so I hopefully do well on my GCSE)! What luck!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy, OmCheeto and edwardII
Wordle 1,553 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ SNORE 119
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ AUDIT 10
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬› RATED 4
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© ELVER 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Interestingly, my 4th guess did not guarantee a win in 5, so I could have easily gotten this in 6.
The last time I got a 5 was almost 200 games ago.

The global average today was 3.696
 
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus and edwardII
Hahaa, got it in 3! Sadly, I'm on this public computer which has copy/paste disabled. I'll post it later. :smile:

Wordle 1,553 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (25).webp

EDIT: Had I used my brain just a little I would have guessed HATER in #2, if not outright LATER and been done in 2. I have no idea where EATER came from or what purpose I thought it would serve!

EDIT2: BTW, one of the employees explained why copy/paste is disabled and it actually makes sense. Of course I've forgotten all about it now.
 
Last edited:
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
TensorCalculus said:
Annoyingly I can't thanks to my phone's parental controls :frown:
Smart though!

I got today's in two :)
Wordle 1,552 2/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›FLUID
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩KNIFE

Slightly unrelatedly I also got today's Spanish wordle in two (I'm CRAMMING as much Spanish practice as I can so I hopefully do well on my GCSE)! What luck!
It'd almost sad for you (though perhaps also good) that your parents are so tech-savvy that you can't circumvent the limits they set up. And watch out, if you were even able, I suspect they're so savvy they'll find out one way or the other!

I sincerely hope I haven't abused your trust revealing that your parents are so adept. I suspect they'll have to be with a "problem child" such as you. :woot:

EDIT: I tried to find a trope specific to parental control on computers or internet but came up blank. Thus this "catch it all"-trope.
 
Good grief Charlie Brown, my half baked little system of eliminating letters let me down completely. Although looking back I did choose some unlikely words three times in a row. On the other hand I have improved a lot since the aphasia. ?:)

Wordle 1,553 X/6

🟨🟩🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and TensorCalculus
sbrothy said:
It'd almost sad for you (though perhaps also good) that your parents are so tech-savvy that you can't circumvent the limits they set up. And watch out, if you were even able, I suspect they're so savvy they'll find out one way or the other!

I sincerely hope I haven't abused your trust revealing that your parents are so adept. I suspect they'll have to be with a "problem child" such as you. :woot:

EDIT: I tried to find a trope specific to parental control on computers or internet but came up blank. Thus this "catch it all"-trope.
Oh no, I tried, trust me there are many ways of circumventing, but not many such that they won't realise I've circumvented their controls.
Either way, I don't spend much time on my phone anyway. It's basically just a ton of whatsapp. So it's not super annoying...

Maybe I should start playing wordle at midnight more often though!
Wordle 1,553 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› FLUID
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨ LEAST
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 LATER
 
Wordle 1,554 3/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬› CARET 59
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ SOLID 2
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yay! My new coin worked.