Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,732 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ VOMIT 755 (WB 833)
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› PUDGY 10/5/25 (40)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 CLASP

global mean: 3.422

Laziest hard mode game I've ever played.
 
I'm aware it's been a while. I've been tinkering with my website and generally acting my age. A whole new experience. :woot:

EDIT: Every time I get something to work something else breaks. It's quite frustrating. I wont really call HTML/CSS/Javascript (and setting up a RDBMS while also configuring the ton of small programs) "programming". It's a mess! :woot:

EDIT2: I yearn for something embedded. A simple chip I can talk to in assembler and we can have fun together.

Wordle 1.732 4/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (107).webp
 
sbrothy said:
...A simple chip I can talk to in assembler and we can have fun together.
Assembler was the second computer language I learned back around 1980, after "BASIC" in high school, of course. (circa 1975)

Wordle 1,733 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ OPIUM 6/6/8 (wb 21)
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬› LYMPH 1/0/0 (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 AMPLY

global mean: 3.972

Two days in a row that I didn't have to think. (guess #2 is like yesterday, one of my seeds)
 
Wordle 1,734 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ PIVOT 727 (wb 806)
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› DUCHY 12/5/24 (40)
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬› SHREW 1/0/0 (1) (1.538 old)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 REHAB

global mean: 3.985
 
Wordle 1,735 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› BIGOT 4/16/26 (WB 46)
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› OVINE 0/2/0 (2) OKAPI,
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 OASIS

global mean: 3.872


Wordle 1,736 4/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬› GUILT 12/3/17 (WB 33)
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› BLIMP 6/1/9 (17)
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© FLICK 1/0/1 (2) CLICK,
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SLICK

global mean: 3.505

2 lucky coin flips 2 days in a row.
 
Second day in a row I got it in 3 but I can't prove yesterdays or can you go back and see?

Wordle 1.737 3/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (110).webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and edwardII
Wordle 1,737 4/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› OPTIC 14/9/39 (WB 64)
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› SERIF 2/0/1 (3) BASIL, BASIS, BASIN
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨ NABIS 1/0/0 (1.000 Orod/Om hybrid)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 BASIL

global mean: 3.662

---

Wordle 1,738 4/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› INGOT 77/63/152 (wb 327)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› CHIMP 27/12/36 (93)
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨ BUDIS 1/0/0 (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SERIF

global mean: 4.056

Interesting that my 2nd guess yesterday was today's solution.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and edwardII
Lately I have been choosing the word that seems the least likely to be used in a casual conversation.

Wordle 1,738 4/6

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
I did it again! Though I'll admit I was lucky.

Wordle 1.739 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (111).webp
 
How do your stats look? Compared to yours I bet mine aren't impressive considering my lack of discipline:

Skærmbillede (113).webp
 
dwarde said:
Lately I have been choosing the word that seems the least likely to be used in a casual conversation.

Wordle 1,738 4/6

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
You can't just say that without telling us what word it is! :smile:

You pique my interest and then disappoint me! Shame one you! :smile:
 
sbrothy said:
You can't just say that without telling us what word it is! :smile:

You pique my interest and then disappoint me! Shame one you! :smile:
Actually I meant that in general the words used by Wordle now are now not words that would be used in a casual conversation.
 
dwarde said:
Actually I meant that in general the words used by Wordle now are now not words that would be used in a casual conversation.
Ah. I see.
 
dwarde said:
Lately I have been choosing the word that seems the least likely to be used in a casual conversation.
Makes sense. Someone in the past claimed to choose the more 'feminine' of the answers, as the solutions were being moderated by women. I'm guessing they were biased to words that they used in conversation, leaving us with your current logical strategy.

----------

Wordle 1,739 4/6*
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP lots (WB 1285)
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› TOWNY lots (84)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ© VIOLD 1/0/2 (3)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 BROOD
global mean: 4.034
-----
Wordle 1,740 5/6*
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ LYMPH 971 (wb 1105)
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› BIGOT 13/8/17 (53)
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› VIXEN 4/3/2 (17)
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› RICED 1/1/0 (1) (Orod/Om hybrid 2.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 WISER
hard mode global mean: 4.103
standard mode global mean: 4.204

-------

Stats since Wordle Easter:
42/52= 81% original list
5/52 = 10% added words
5/52 = 10% reused from games 0, 4, 15, 51, and 296
 
Wordle 1,741 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ DUMPY lots (WB 1144)
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHOWK lots (360)
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬› BLITZ 1/1/0 (2) BITER,
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 BEFIT

global mean: 4.149

------------

Wordle 1,742 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© WONKY 3/0/7 (WB 10)
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© OVARY 0/0/1 (1)(1.692 Orod)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 IVORY (reused from game #59)

global mean: 3.943

------
Stats since Wordle Easter:
43/54= 80% original list
5/54 = 9% added words
6/54 = 11% reused from games 0, 4, 15, 51, 59, and 296
 
Wordle 1,743 4/6*
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ PUBIC 896 (WB 995)
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› THONG 4/1/14 (20)
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ FLOTA 1/0/0 (1) Manual override on STORE due to hard mode trap.
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 AFOOT
global mean: 4.166
-----
Wordle 1,744 2/6*
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ DOWNY 952 (WB 965)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 CHUMP Yippie!
global mean: 3.738