Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wrichik Basu said:
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
fresh_42 said:
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Orodruin said:
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I sense a pattern … 🤔
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
Wordle 521 2/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

##\mu=4.316\, , \,\sigma =1.186##

Almost. I alternate these two words. Too bad I didn't use the other one first.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
Wordle 521 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

##\mu=4.076\, , \,\sigma = 0.931##

Normal distribution with same parameters:
1669080464696.png
 
fresh_42 said:
I added 7 for unsolved.
That makes a noticeable difference:
##\mu=4.125\, , \,\sigma = 0.996##
1669083417482.png

DrGreg said:
##\mu=4.076\, , \,\sigma = 0.931##

Normal distribution with same parameters:
1669080464696-png.png
 
Orodruin said:
It is not a normal distribution. How many times did you solve it in 3.45 guesses? 😏
The orange curve I plotted is a normal distribution with the the same ##\mu## and ##\sigma## as the discrete samples (the blue spots) for my Wordle games. I'm not claiming the orange curve represents my Wordle history, it just happens to have the same ##\mu## and ##\sigma##.

It's just for comparison, and as you point out, the comparison may not be all that useful.