Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,777 replies · 457K views
Wordle 522 2/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

##\mu=4.302\, , \,\sigma =1.196##

I have a run.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 523 2/6

🟦⬜🟧🟦🟦
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Lucky first choice and seasonally easy second guess for those in the US.
 
Wordle 526 X/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩

nyt.com/wordle‌
##N=163\, , \,\mu=4.294\, , \,\sigma =1.218##
This was really hard not to guess! Look at my pattern!
 
fresh_42 said:
Wordle 526 X/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩

nyt.com/wordle‌
##N=163\, , \,\mu=4.294\, , \,\sigma =1.218##
This was really hard not to guess! Look at my pattern!
According to my calculations, 88% of the wordle solution words fit this pattern.
 
OmCheeto said:
According to my calculations, 88% of the wordle solution words fit this pattern.
... with different letters for all the blanks? Ok, except for the last 3(!) where I used a double consonant. I literally ran out of letters!
 
OmCheeto said:
According to my calculations, 88% of the wordle solution words fit this pattern.
Did you mean 88 words instead of 88%? I got 81 words which is close enough, but 88% of the solution words for the particular letters of 526 is not possible.
 
kuruman said:
Did you mean 88 words instead of 88%? I got 81 words which is close enough, but 88% of the solution words for the particular letters of 526 is not possible.
I guess that even 88 words is too many if we include the constraints: 10 possible letters eliminated in the first and second guess, 3 more eliminated in the third guess, and 5 letters eliminated in the last three guesses. If we subtract the last guess, then there have been 16 letters eliminated by guess number five. One word is the solution, another my guess number six. I don't think there were 88 words left after five guesses.