Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
Physics news on Phys.org
kuruman said:
Did you mean 88 words instead of 88%? I got 81 words which is close enough, but 88% of the solution words for the particular letters of 526 is not possible.
88%.
Without knowing what the first 10 eliminated letters were in the first two guesses, I ignored that fact.
All I did was sort all the solution words by the second and fifth letters and counted the number of words where there were 4 or more matches for the letter pair. Only 287 words were eliminated.

What method did you use to get 81? I feel we're talking about two different things here.
 
OmCheeto said:
88%.
Without knowing what the first 10 eliminated letters were in the first two guesses, I ignored that fact.
All I did was sort all the solution words by the second and fifth letters and counted the number of words where there were 4 or more matches for the letter pair. Only 287 words were eliminated.

What method did you use to get 81? I feel we're talking about two different things here.
We are talking about two different things. Mine is the count of words that have the same letters in positions 2 and 5 as the answer to 526.
 
Wordle 531 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
DrGreg said:
Wordle 531 5/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

##N=130\, , \,\mu=4.085\, , \,\sigma=0.993##
How many characteristics, six or seven? Or five, because nobody has a one-guess-only.
 
Last edited: