Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 457K views
No, way simpler these are actual Wordle copy and pastes, helps to know the answer ahead of time though
 
Physics news on Phys.org
BWV said:
No, way simpler these are actual Wordle copy and pastes, helps to know the answer ahead of time though

Not necessary:

Wordle 405 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
fresh_42 said:
Not necessary:

Wordle 405 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
where is the fun in that? Its actually a minor challenge to come up with words to get the pattern you want
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
Orodruin said:
Why Wordle in Spanish is annoying:

⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
I've never studied Spanish, but I have studied other languages. Is Spanish a language in which a word can have lots of different endings depending on the grammatical context? In English, the only variations are to add an "s" to most nouns, or to add "s", "ed" or "ing" to most verbs. (With a small number of exceptions to the rule.)
 
DrGreg said:
I've never studied Spanish, but I have studied other languages. Is Spanish a language in which a word can have lots of different endings depending on the grammatical context? In English, the only variations are to add an "s" to most nouns, or to add "s", "ed" or "ing" to most verbs. (With a small number of exceptions to the rule.)
Or "y" (fish - fishy, mess - messy) and "ly" (adjective > adverb) to change the grammatical context.
 
DrGreg said:
I've never studied Spanish, but I have studied other languages. Is Spanish a language in which a word can have lots of different endings depending on the grammatical context? In English, the only variations are to add an "s" to most nouns, or to add "s", "ed" or "ing" to most verbs. (With a small number of exceptions to the rule.)
All verbs are conjugated based on person and tempus. The main problem here however is that there the structure of Spanish spelling generally means a five letter word will have two or three vowels. Here I hit all the vowels with the first guess and the combination is such that many many consonant combinations will fit. I should probably guess three consonant combinations rather than trying to fill in the two consonants considering that, but it will still be rather annoying. You cannot start guessing four-consonant words to cover the consonants like you can do in English many times.
 
fresh_42 said:
Or "y" (fish - fishy, mess - messy) and "ly" (adjective > adverb) to change the grammatical context.
You're right, I hadn't thought of changing a noun to an adjectve or an adjective to an adverb, I was thinking only of declension and conjugation.
 
DrGreg said:
You're right, I hadn't thought of changing a noun to an adjectve or an adjective to an adverb, I was thinking only of declension and conjugation.
Russian has eight or nine cases, Latin had six IIRC, Hungary concatenate words, some languages (forgotten which) conjugate by prefixes, etc. There are really many different versions of declination and conjugation. German has four declination cases which are mainly built by endings, plus three genders, also determined by the ending, and the tempi are more or less built as in English with two major cases of past perfect (weakly, resp. strongly declined). It is a mess when you look at it. No wonder English which lacks all of these became lingua franca.

However, I suppose that the Spanish Wordle uses only undeclined and unconjugated forms similar to its English version which (normally?!?) does not use the plural "s" or even the genitive "s".
 
Struggled with this one

Wordle 407 X/6

🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
 
  • Haha
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto, collinsmark and Wrichik Basu
BWV said:
Struggled with this one

Wordle 407 X/6

🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
Does the game allow you to use the same word twice or you actually had to come up with six distinct ones?
 
Orodruin said:
Does the game allow you to use the same word twice or you actually had to come up with six distinct ones?
You can use the same word twice (think there is only one that could give the first row)
 
BWV said:
You can use the same word twice (think there is only one that could give the first row)
My cheat site says there are four words.

My go to Wordle cheat site 2022-07-31 at 12.42.01 PM.png


ps.

Wordle 407 5/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

zero cheating
 
Wordle 408 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yes, I thought I had a 3/6 and wondered why I was not able to share 😛
I was very happy about it. I am too much of a physicist I guess.
 
Orodruin said:
Wordle 408 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yes, I thought I had a 3/6 and wondered why I was not able to share 😛
I was very happy about it. I am too much of a physicist I guess.
Not enough energy for asymptotic freedom.