Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
sbrothy said:
I'm sure you get better results though. But again... passtime activity....
Sure it's a pastime activity but to first order for me. Optimizing the process using the tools at my disposal is also pastime for me but to second order.
 
kuruman said:
Sure it's a pastime activity but to first order for me. Optimizing the process using the tools at my disposal is also pastime for me but to second order.
Im sure I dont want to play chess against you! :P
 
sbrothy said:
Im sure I dont want to play chess against you! :P
Not to worry. I haven't played chess since I was a teenager. I never enjoyed being pressed to think while some clock is ticking.
 
Wordle 832 5/6*

⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟩⬛
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I hate it when they look easy but aren't. I'm of course excused by my limited vocabulary and English being my second language, but still. :(

 
sbrothy said:
Wordle 832 5/6*

⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟩⬛
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I hate it when they look easy but aren't. I'm of course excused by my limited vocabulary and English being my second language, but still. :(

I accidentally used a used word, i.e. forgot to look it up before I guessed. That turned out to be an advantage. However, a quick check on my translation engine showed, that the solution exists in Danish, too, only with three letters more in the official version. Btw., same as here.
 
kuruman said:
Not to worry. I haven't played chess since I was a teenager. I never enjoyed being pressed to think while some clock is ticking.

fresh_42 said:
I accidentally used a used word, i.e. forgot to look it up before I guessed. That turned out to be an advantage. However, a quick check on my translation engine showed, that the solution exists in Danish, too, only with three letters more in the official version. Btw., same as here.
I answer only to use this word I just learned: "chucklesome" :)
 
sbrothy said:
I answer only to use this word I just learned: "chucklesome" :)
And I learned my second Danish word when I used my translator yesterday: blå. The first one was tak. My new hypothesis: all Danish words have 3 letters. I plan to prove it by induction :biggrin:
 
fresh_42 said:
And I learned my second Danish word when I used my translator yesterday: blå. The first one was tak. My new hypothesis: all Danish words have 3 letters. I plan to prove it by induction :biggrin:
You have any trouble finding the 'å'? :)

EDIT:

BTW: If you can say "tak" in Danish you can use it in Norway and Sweden too. It's the same word. I kinda "collect" ways to say thanks. "obrigrado" (Portuguese), "chukran" (Arabic), "spasiba" (Russian, pronounced "spasibo", I had Russian in highschool but with around 80% truancy so I "almost" know the Cyrillic alphabet. Apropos chucklesome: I remember that "стол", pronounced "stol", means "table" only because "stol" in Danish means chair). Talk about waste of grey matter....
 
Last edited:
I'm not much for sharing my failures but this one is so ridiculously convoluted in it's stupidity you might as well have a laugh at my cost:

Wordle 833 X/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩

 
sbrothy said:
You have any trouble finding the 'å'? :)
Not really. I thought I had it on the keyboard but it only generates degrees. I'm also missing the cédille. But I simply use Wikipedia for the correct spelling. I just struggle with Ångström because I cannot remember whether it is an 'A' or an 'Å' and whether it is an 'ö' or an 'ø'. But I think the Swedish do not use 'ø' IIRC.

If I had to use it more often then I would learn the ASCII code number. But until then, Wikipedia must do.
 
fresh_42 said:
Not really. I thought I had it on the keyboard but it only generates degrees. I'm also missing the cédille. But I simply use Wikipedia for the correct spelling. I just struggle with Ångström because I cannot remember whether it is an 'A' or an 'Å' and whether it is an 'ö' or an 'ø'. But I think the Swedish do not use 'ø' IIRC.

If I had to use it more often then I would learn the ASCII code number. But until then, Wikipedia must do.
No they use the diacritical "umlaut" (?) The o with the two dots. Anyway you can use Alt-codes for all those weird characters. They're all listed on wiki.

EDIT: Oh, that's what you meant by ASCII code. nvm.
 
Wordle 833 3/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Dodged the bullet on this game.
Wordlebot global numbers yield: μ = 4.8 & σ = 0.97
 
Last edited: