Work against the external pressure

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a formula to calculate the work against external pressure in the reaction of 2 mol nitrogen with 6 mol hydrogen gas to create ammonia. The formula being considered is W=-PexdeltaV, but the necessary information for deltaV is not provided. It is suggested to use the formula PV=nRT to find V, and to confirm if W is the desired value.
omni
in the picture you can see the reaction.

it's known that 2 mol nitrogen reaction with 6 mol hydrogen gas to create ammonia.
what is the work against the external pressure in 1 Atm in 25 degrees Celsius?

i think i need to use this formula:W=-PexdeltaV.
but i can't know what is deltaV.

i just know that -Pex=-1atm. 1atm=101,325 Pa
and is a exothermic reaction.

how can i keep on from here?

thanks.

Attachments

• 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    3.9 KB · Views: 363
Physics news on Phys.org
ΔV is just a volume change - what is an initial volume? What is a final volume?

Is not given in the description question.
maybe i can use PV=nRT?
and from this formula i can find V?

what are you think?
and just to be sure W is what i need to find yes?

thanks.

What is "Work against the external pressure"?

"Work against the external pressure" refers to the physical or mental effort required to resist or counteract the forces or influences exerted by the external environment. It can include tasks such as pushing against a heavy object, overcoming peer pressure, or fighting against societal norms.

Why is it important to work against external pressure?

Working against external pressure allows individuals or systems to maintain their autonomy and make decisions based on their own beliefs and values, rather than being controlled by outside influences. It can also help to promote personal growth and development.

What are some examples of external pressure?

External pressure can come from a variety of sources, such as societal expectations, cultural norms, peer pressure, advertising, or authority figures. It can also be in the form of physical forces, such as air or water pressure.

How can one effectively work against external pressure?

One can work against external pressure by being aware of their own values and beliefs, setting boundaries, and standing up for themselves. It may also involve finding support from others who share similar beliefs or seeking help from a therapist or coach.

What are the potential consequences of not working against external pressure?

If one does not work against external pressure, they may end up conforming to societal norms or expectations that do not align with their own values, leading to feelings of dissatisfaction or loss of individual identity. It can also result in a lack of personal growth and difficulty making independent decisions.